Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

History websites

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Can anyone recommend any? I have essays coming up on 'Crime in America 1920-30s' and 'The Weimar Republic and the role of the Allies'

Cheers in advance.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Just a word of caution... Websites arent exactly the most reliable source of factual information. As one of my lecturers says, any obbsessive can post up what he wants and there is no one to check it, especially not in the same way as text books are reviewed and the info confirmed. You could read any number of falsities with out even realising it... So i'd stick to text books and officiated pages (eg university teaching sites) to be safe.

Couldnt help you any more though. Not done any history since year 9...
  • Options
    Originally posted by faerielights
    Just a word of caution... Websites arent exactly the most reliable source of factual information. As one of my lecturers says, any obbsessive can post up what he wants and there is no one to check it, especially not in the same way as text books are reviewed and the info confirmed. You could read any number of falsities with out even realising it... So i'd stick to text books and officiated pages (eg university teaching sites) to be safe.

Couldnt help you any more though. Not done any history since year 9...

That's what makes them great. Marxist.org has given me acres of information, the vast majority opinionated crap based on a varying knowledge of the facts, making them no different from the essays I write. The fanatical websites are just as useful as official pages and university sites and whatnot, you've just to use them properly.

Unfortunately, BA, can't really help you. Don't know pages that deal with those topics.
  • Options
    http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/

That's a brilliant one :) We were recommended it by our history teachers at Higher level.
  • Options
    Hmmm. maybe slightly different for sciences where you do actually need hard facts rather than opinions...

But each to their own. Hope you find what you need.
  • Options
    http://www.historyonline.co.uk/

Some good politics A Level stuff here, too.