Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Bong Vs. Talk To Frank round two!

Well, as some of you might know I have been protesting against the shambles that is the Talk to Frank website and campaign, if your not familiar with this please see my original thread on it.

I have received a letter from my MP who I wrote to regarding my concerns and he forwarded them onto the MP responsible for this fuck up. Here is the letter from Ms. Caroline Flint MP for Don Valley and Parliamentary Under Secretary of State.

“Thank you for your letter of 8th of January 2004 on behalf of XXX of XXX, London about the FRANK website.

The FRANK campaign is a signposting drug information campaign which points people in the direction of help though the talktofrank website and helpline. We have used a number of mediums for this communication including print, a website, and TV and radio advertising. Before we launched the campaign at the end of May 2003 the content was extensively researched. This included looking at methods for putting over the FRANK message, and content, tone and design of all public facing materials, and testing all these with the target audience. Nothing has been used in the campaign without the express approval of the target audience.

An extensive tracking survey has been done post campaign launch which shows that there is a high awareness of the campaign, and also that there is high acceptance of the messages that we are using.

We received a much bigger number of emails than we had anticipated and as a result of this there was an inevitable delay in responding to them. Many of the emails were extremely detailed in their content and took a longer time to respond to.

I note Mr. X’s specific comments about the website content. Whilst I am not able to respond in detail to all the comments, I have passed them on to our web team for them to review. Some of the concerns that Mr. X mentioned have already been addressed about the website – the Crystal Meth page has already been removed whilst its contents is reworked, and we are also reviewing the Yaba page.

The talktofrank.com website was constructed by a website construction firm. Their brief was to look at the National Drugs Helpline site, and also to review other drug websites and pull together the new site. The draft of the site was then sent to a number of people within Government departments. External to Government the website was also read by a number of experts to ensure that it was technically correct. The website is under constant review.

Yours, Caroline.”

So basically not only did the company who made the website who made it mess up and therefore should not be paid their full fee, but Government departments went over this, and then external ‘experts’! This is a mockery; the mistakes when it was first launched were unbelievable.

Heads should roll for this disgrace! This will not be the end of my fight against this website because it still has many mistakes on it, Caroline will be getting another letter referring to this one and asking her what she is going to do to stop such a mistake happening again. I might even ask for her resignation.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i always thought that site talked shit
  • Options
    Once again budda, a round of applause. Good luck on your campaign, and thinking about it, now that Gibraltar is "technically" part of the South West of England, I should have an MP I could contact.

Keep the word spreading.
    Euly
  • Options
    I'll keep on the case and let you know how it goes.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    That reply is a sublime example of how you can say a lot whilst actually saying FA. It is waffle worthy of Yes Minister!
  • Options
    Granted, she doesnt exactly say that she made a mistake, BUT admiting that parts of the website are being changed is admiting that there were mistakes made.

LadyJade; Does thesite link to Talk to Frank? And if so might I point out that there are still quite a lot of mistakes on the page. I understand the political problems that criticising the page might create, but, well we are talking about peoples safety here.
  • Options
    I remember going on talk to frank before and i started reading some of the talk about cannabis on it and thinking holy fuck this is such a load of bullshit, really though, it's give a bad view of everything on it, like there's no good guide to taking drugs at all..it's all bad in talk to frank's eyes...:rolleyes:

People need to get the facts, not that shite.

Although some of it i liked though, this for example
    Cannabis is quite an introspective drug. Once stoned, users can find hidden depths in daytime television/ the most unlikely song lyrics.

And this
    Being stoned all the time isn't going to win anyone 'Employee Of The Month'.