Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Tell me about telesales

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Is it really as bad as people make out? Tell me about it as i could get a tele sales job tomo for 6.15 an hour, and its just down the road to me. I only want a job to get some money so this wouldnt be long term, just a few months.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Its grim, I did tele-marketing for one week and it was foul. Some people can do it though, you just have to be able to block out the fact that no-one ever wants to talk to you and you are only being really annoying all of your day.

I couldnt do that and it ended up depressing me. If you want quick cash you could become one of those 'chuggers' you know the charity muggers with the clip boards, they get about 8 quid an hour in London. Which incedently is why you should never give to them because most of the money just goes straight in their pocket.
    And how would you sign up to one of them charity things?
    I dont know where your based, but something like www.monster.co.uk I think it is does jobs, they might have it. If your in London then go on www.londonjobs.co.uk they definately have them.

Or just go onto Google, I'm sure you'll find something.

But, not only will you be widely hated by all the public but you wont actually really be helping the charity very much either.
    telesales.... oh my god.

I did one, "its not sales.. you odnt have to sell anything" just ring up and talk people into have salesmen come to their house.. same difference in my opinon, it was terrible
    I wouldnt belive the £6 + p/h thing either.. i was told ill earn £10 an hour... bullshit...