Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

normal?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I stopped taking my pill last week, reason being was cos i kept forgetting it this month and its the 3hour one! but i bled last week started a last sunday, and im still bleeding now, itl be 2weeks this sunday and it doesnt seem to be easing off. Im also getting well bad cramp and pain on my right side (where the ovary is). Is it normal cos of coming off the pill, or is something wrong with me dya reckon?
Thanks guys xx

Comments

• Options
    Would you get this? I'm a guy who knows dipety shit about periods, pills and everything else. BUT, through repetitive threads about the pill I seem to have inadvertently remembered something about it. I think I remember someone saying its normal to bleed if you come off the pill, but don't take my word for it.
  • Options
    Coming off the pill can often cause you're cycle to become messed up for a while.

If it still hasn't eased up and you're concerned I'd advise speaking to your gp/family planning clinic or NHS direct

NHS Direct
    Advice and information on all health-related issues.
    Telephone: 0845 46 47

Hope you're feeling better soon.

Love Lu x
  • Options
    Re: normal?
    Originally posted by *TiNK*
    I stopped taking my pill last week, reason being was cos i kept forgetting it this month and its the 3hour one! but i bled last week started a last sunday, and im still bleeding now, itl be 2weeks this sunday and it doesnt seem to be easing off. Im also getting well bad cramp and pain on my right side (where the ovary is). Is it normal cos of coming off the pill, or is something wrong with me dya reckon?
    Thanks guys xx

when i came off the pill, i was bleeding for about two weeks non-stop, so i shouldnt worry, its perfectly normal, but i had exactly the same worry as you so i know how you feel :)