Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Sex Pistols

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
anyone a fan?

after watching johnie rotten on im a celebrity get me out of here tonight it got me in the mood to listen to some of their old stuff.

I like anarchy in the uk, Pretty vacant, God save the queen , Bodies. I was listening to them ones on my never mind the bollocks album.

Sid vicious must of been dead a good few years now.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    The Pistols are the definitive punk band even though a few may not agree. NMTB is the most important album ever. The 25th Anniversary of Sid's death was yesterday (2nd Feb).

All of their songs are great.

But there are a few stinkers amongst them too if you include The Great Rock n Roll swindle. :)

The opening bars of Anarchy in the UK always send a chill up my spine.
  • Options
    25 years, longer then i thought.

he was a complete nutter though so it was no surprise to people he died before his time same with that keith moon.

What do you think of bodies?

i cant figure out the lyrics though. when it goes "fuck this, fuck that fucking all the fuckers" does it go on to say fuckin blacks or brats? it then goes on to say "who would wanna baby that looks like that"

If its black that is racist as hell but its still a good song never the less.

oh yeah i agree with what you said about anarchy in the UK
  • Options
    God Save the Queen, Anarchy in the UK are excellent tunes, but they also did a mean cover of Van Morrison's Brown Eyed Girl! Yes my boyfriend and I are both big fans of The Sex Pistols. The only reason we're watching I'm A Celeb. Johnny all the way baby.
  • Options
    i can listen to it :yes:

that john lydon is funny though, you can hardly imagine that he'd turn out the way he is today
  • Options
    Bodies is a good song Digital-Emotion. I'm pretty sure the lyrics go:

"Fuck this and fuck that, fuck it all and fuck the fucking brrrrrat"

"She don't want a baby that looks like that, I don't want a baby that looks like that"

Bodiiiiiiiiiiiiiies, I'M NOT AN ANIMAL! :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Braineater
    The Pistols are the definitive punk band even though a few may not agree. NMTB is the most important album ever.

The Clash were far more influential. Even Crass were IMO. And there have been far more important albums than NMTB. They did have a massive impact, but they weren't as great as everyone makes out (even though I was only 5 in 1976).
  • Options
    PiL were much better than the Pistols as well (IMO natch).
  • Options
    The Sex Pistols were the definitive, but the clash were by a long way the best punk band both musically and the message they got across. PiL were quality also but a little too "arty" for my personal tastes.

I think Crass were good as well but took themselves a little too seriously (which is good in it's own way I suppose). I have to laugh everytime I hear the song "Sheepfarming in the Falklands" though. Top notch.

Sex Pistols still rule though. :)