Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

people who've been on ADs?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
did you ever get this side effect:

you're falling asleep, you know you're talking, and you can hear what you're saying, but it's doesn't make sense, and you're not controlling it?

i used to do this all the time, and i've just noticed that i haven't done it for ages, and was wondering if it was to do with the drugs.

one time i thanked mr. kaff over and over for 'holding things that needed holding' :eek2:

Comments

• Options
    my sleep has always been disturbed, AD's didnt make it better, id have horrible nightmares and start talking/walking a lot more than usual
  • Options
  • Options
    i've always slept badly, and am often caught chatting complete jibberish, and i know im doing it - i just havent got the energy to do anything about it. sometimes i try and explain myself, but then i realise im still mostly asleep and theres not much point at all. i dont think i've been doing it as much as I used to since i've been off my ad's, but then i think that's probably just because im growing out of it. I still have bad nights, but they're just becomming fewer.
  • Options
    Originally posted by girl with sharp teeth
    *nod*

ask david about the many and varied times i have talked complete nonsense to him and then not remembered what the hell i was on about.

But you still do it now honey;)
  • Options
    Re: people who've been on ADs?
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    did you ever get this side effect:

you're falling asleep, you know you're talking, and you can hear what you're saying, but it's doesn't make sense, and you're not controlling it?

Kaafrin, I`ve had exactly this so try not to let it freak you out too much. Actually I couldn`t have described it better. I was on dothiepin if that makes any difference.

My ex got very annoyed with me one night when he came in to check if I was alright and we had the folowing conversation;

HIM: You alright?

ME: Who are you?

HIM: (pause) It`s me.

ME: Who`s me?

HIM: Dave! :impissed:

ME: Where are we?

HIM: Home.

ME: Where`s home?

HIM: Fuck this! I`m going downstairs. :mad:

He thought I was putting it on for some reason. :-/ Like you said, I could hear what I was saying but it was like I`d left my mouth running and couldn`t stop it!
  • Options
    Nope i don't think i was on them long enough to experience the full side effects, im also kinda glad i got of em.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Rude_boyz
    Nope i don't think i was on them long enough to experience the full side effects, im also kinda glad i got of em.

how helpful.

having said that, me posting this isn't very helpful.

just saying i don't think that was a very considerate post :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by lucifer devil
    having said that, me posting this isn't very helpful.

just saying i don't think that was a very considerate post :rolleyes:

How astute. How dumb.

How long a person is on the drug can determine how badly the side-effects hit.

For the record, no, I didn't have that trouble when I was on fluoxetine. It must have hit me in other ways...

Out of interest, how many of you who've been on fluoxetine have had trouble climaxing during sex?
  • Options
    I was on venlafaxine and it was almost mission impossible to shoot my load. What a side effect to have, i think i would of rathered not being horny to start with at least then it would of saved a lot of stress not forgetting energy lol!
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    im currently on fluoxetine and i am pretty sure that they have affected my sleeping. i have continual restless nights and alot of the time i cant actually distinguish between fiction and reality.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit

Out of interest, how many of you who've been on fluoxetine have had trouble climaxing during sex?

*Puts hands up*

Has returned to normal now though :D.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Tweety
    *Puts hands up*

I remember you asking me in a worried tone, actually:D

D-E- the gf never complained though;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    I remember you asking me in a worried tone, actually:D

D-E- the gf never complained though;)

So do i now shush :p.:o
  • Options
    Ads always fucked up my sleep.. i cant remember if i ever had that problem, as such but i know i was in a very blurred stage between sleep and awake at night time, could last for hours!!! So i guess its a very similiar thing, that may well have happened if i had anybody to talk to at that time! ADs were meant to help me sleep... in the end i was given downers to over come the crapness of the ADs

Happened with seroxat and prozac
  • Options
    I assume that ADs is some sort of anti-depressant, as Seroxat and Prozac have been mentioned.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options