Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Valentines day....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Valentines day is coming up, me and my boyfriend have been together for 3 years and we think it is just commercialized and we dont need a day to prove that we are in love coz he say it a million times a day.

Are we alone in thinking that its all just for the benefit of mr clinton cards wallet?

Comments

• Options
    Re: Valentines day....
    Originally posted by maria_lucia_198
    Valentines day is coming up, me and my boyfriend have been together for 3 years and we think it is just commercialized and we dont need a day to prove that we are in love coz he say it a million times a day.

Are we alone in thinking that its all just for the benefit of mr clinton cards wallet?

I think Valentine's day is pretty commercial to be honest. We don't really need it. Good excuse to have a laugh whatever your marital status though! :D
  • Options
    Re: Valentines day....
    Originally posted by maria_lucia_198

Nope. It's a nice excuse for a nice meal, but we normally eat the day before or the day after because we refuse to get ripped off just because it's the "romantic day".

As for pressies, last year I bought t'missus a cream jug :lol:
  • Options
    Re: Re: Valentines day....
    Originally posted by Kermit
    As for pressies, last year I bought t'missus a cream jug :lol:

lol, the question is did she like it ? :lol:

We aint done nothing for Valentines day for years now. Look at the price of flowers they triple in price overnight, its all money money money !!!
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Valentines day....
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    lol, the question is did she like it ? :lol:

She'd been after it for ages *sigh*
  • Options
    I can see where people in long relationships come from. Iv been with my girlfriend for nearly a year but this will be our 1st valentines day together. So we are gona make it a good day. Especialy as my parents will be in rome.:D But i think if we stay together and have another few more then we probably wont do as much.
  • Options
    I agree that it is very commercial however it is still a nice excuse to splash out on the person you love :)
  • Options
    I agree with what people are saying if you are in a long-term thing, but this is my 1st valentines day with my bf :heart: and im lookin forward to it for once! :) x
  • Options
    nobody 'needs' it in my opinion, but as mentioned above - it's a nice excuse.

i just ordered my partner a 'Mini' scarlectric (sp?!). it should arrive in a couple of days, and im gonna make him open it early cuz i want a go :)
  • Options
    Mini Scalextric, like this?

16772-1.jpg

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Valentines day....
    Originally posted by J
    And to get slowly pished at the end of a bar. ;)
    :yes:

Methinks that's what I'll be doing.
  • Options
    unless something goes horribly wrong in two weeks, this will be my first valentino with someone, and since its kinda long distance uni thing she will be visiting me the week before leading up to it. v day will be the last day of her visit so it'll be really nice. no presents mind you. haven't got the cash. word.
  • Options
    i dont like it, possibly cos last year i bought my (then) boyfriend some really expensive aftershave and he got me a card.

im not bitter. honest.
  • Options
    Hmm, Valentine's day's a hit and miss holiday. If you're in a relationship, it's a good excuse 2 see your partner and exchange pressies and stuff. But if you're not with someone, it's a day where the fact that you're single is rubbed in your face!!

And if, like me, your boyfriend broke up with u about 2 weeks ago...its a painful reminder.
  • Options
    Well like already that has been said this is also my first valentines day with my boyfriend so I want to make it special. Also last valentines day my ex decided to go and help his flat mate (who was a girl) instead of spending it with me so i want to make this year a good one.
  • Options
    I'll probably like it when i have someone to share it with :(

But then again i prefer the idea of a romantic dinner on a warm summers evening rather than some frantic meal in a restaurant where there are tons of other people doing the same thing on some cold, dark feburary day.
  • Options
    To be honest, I really don't see the point in Valentines day. You buy a card, maybe a rose (which costs a f**kin bomb!) for that girl you like, all so she can laugh in your face, or say "um, thanks,you're a really great guy, really, but i'm just not looking for a relationship at this time"

WHAT IS THE FUCKING POINT!?!?!
  • Options
    I think its basically just another day but it gives people a chance to buy a little something for there partner to show how much they mean to them and it is an excellent excuse to go out and have a meal then get pissed out of your head and then go home and shag like bunny's for hours. :D