Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Work experience survey

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi. wondered if any of you guys who have dobe your wprk experience and are 15-17 could fill in a survey about work experience and safety in a supermarket-it doesn't matter where you did your work epxerience!

Its for a module in my masters where I've got to design a leaflet about safety at the workplave for a supermarket. So any help would be great. I'll try to attach the file here. *crosses fingers*

Thanks to anyone who can help and sorry if this is in the wrong forum!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    ok it wont let me do it so email me and I'll send it to you!

Jowolvo@hotmail.com
  • White NoiseWhite Noise Posts: 624 Incredible Poster
    i worked in a supermarket when i was 16-17, but i'm 20 now. does that mean i can't do it?

i know how hard getting results from targeted suverys is so thought i'd ask just in case :)
    I did mine in October :D it was great :D

And Jowolvo - you got email :p
    Re: Work experience survey

Yeah sure. PM me.
    I worked in a supermarket before.
    I just recently done my work experience but not in a supermarket.
    ok so I'm thick and can't attach this to pms etc so if you copy n paste it, fill it in and send to my email address as above! thanx lots to those who have done it. I know it seems quite basic but my tutor told me to word it so that the (gonna sound un-pc) not so clever kids can understand it-not that that means any of you here-kinda think you guys are more aware of stuff.

yeh white noise thanks-anyone asks you are 16 lol!

Work experience safety survey.

This questionnaire has been designed to aid the production of a safety leaflet for work experience students on a supermarket placement. You may leave any answers blank that you do not want to answer and all information will be anonymous.

Tell me about your work experience placement-what type of placement was it, how long were you there for and what was the name of the company?

When you arrived at your placement, were you given any information about safety whilst at the placement? What sort (leaflet, talk with a person, a video etc) and do you think it was adequate or was there anything not included that you felt should have been included?

The following sentences are a number of incidents that could happen if you were doing work experience at a supermarket or shop. How would you deal with the situation?
    A bottle of wine has been broken?

A pack of cooked chicken has been broken?

A jar of jam has been broken?

A bottle of milk has been left at a checkout for 30 minutes?

An out of date tin of beans has been handed to you?

A loaf of bread is open at one end?

A cream cake has been left on a shelf?

Why are cooked and raw meat kept separate?

Do you know what can cause food poisoning and do you know the names of any germs that can cause food poisoning?

Describe how you would stack a shelf with a box that has tinned peas in it? What would you do with the ones already on the shelf?

Finally when it comes to looking at leaflets what type of leaflets are you most likely to read and pay attention to? Ones with lots of picture or ones with lots of writing, ones in colour or black and white etc.

Thank you for taking the time to fill this in.
    Oi! you are supposed to ask me first you know. Make sure you offer all users a chance to see your final report, and confidentiality etc should they want it.

And in future, talk to me first.

Susie :mad:
    sorry I didnt know!

Didn't think it wud hurt anyone as its for my work not for a company! sorry sorry sorry!

no names wil be used-theres no need and no company names either. Just asked incase it was someone who did a supermarket placement.

ta to you guys who did it and again sorry for not askin now I know