Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Hutton leaks to The Sun.

I dont know how many of you have heard about this, but the leak does sound an lot like Government spin mixed with The Sun's usual political ramblings.

They have said this morning that Blair is totaly cleared.

That Hoon is cleared by the MoD gets a 'rap on the nuckles'

And that the Today program report was completely 'unfounded'

This sounds to me a lot like Rupert Murdock.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
  • Options
    I'll wait for the official report. The S*n are not exactly known for their honesty or accurate reporting.

But the question remains of who leaked the report... I think most of us suspect the source.
  • Options
    It does look like a proper leak, which is to my mind very suspect because its clearly been done by someone wanting to get their first dig in against the BBC.

The qoutes do look legit, but they do appear to have only taken one side.

We'll see.
  • Options
    aside from that, I don't know if he's in the wrong or not but that 1 miserable photo of Andrew Gillian's double chins that's been printed a thousand times is really irrating me. Actually the whole thing is a boring load of crap if you ask me. Yeah I know Dr Kelly topped himself but the BBC or the government didn't pull the trigger.
    Cover ups, liars, biased reports, just like every other political issue.
  • Options
    The Hutton Report was spin to take the agenda away from the real issues surrounding the war in Iraq anyway, so lies, lies and more lies is all I expect to come from the findings.

I wouldn't wipe my arse with it.
  • Options
    Now can we have the editor of the S*n and whoever leaked the report prosecuted please?

[/dream-on]
  • Options
    Well I've now had a brief look at the report and to be honest it does come accross as pretty damming of the BBC and not of the government. I really didnt think it would be this one sided, but it appears to be.

I'm surprised and somewhat dissapointed.
  • Options
    While I am disappointed it did not make a few digs at Blair, I respect Huttons findings.

He is after all an eminent law lord and judge, it is his job to be above petty political spin.
  • Options
    The results are too grim to really even contemplate.

I totaly accept that there are valid concerns over the BBC's handling of the case, but for it to be SO one sided.

I ended up getting drunk last night because the whole thing depressed me.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda

I ended up getting drunk last night because the whole thing depressed me.
    bongbudda sort it out mate!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    Now can we have the editor of the S*n and whoever leaked the report prosecuted please?

[/dream-on]

For what?

Publishing a public document??
  • Options
    Well the editors of the Sun might not, but everyone who was given it early had to sign an aggreement not to leak it, therefore someone could well be busted that way. I doubt they will though.
  • Options
    How could it be, when the people who leaked it are the Government?

I don't know if the publishing of the documents early constitutes a crime MoK. The leaking of them certainly does. Hutton has signalled he might consider launching a criminal investigation (although I very much doubt he'll go ahead though :rolleyes: ). But I'd imagine that since all parties, and that includes our free and honourable press, were fully aware of the conditions and rules of the enquiry any party involved in its early and unauthorised released could be prosecuted.

But I think we have a better chance of spotting Elvis flying an UFO that crash-lands on top of the head of the Lock Ness Monster than of seeing anyone ever taking action against the true ruler of this country Mr Rupert Murdoch and his tireless mouthpiece.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    How could it be, when the people who leaked it are the Government?

Do you have anything to support that allegation?
    I don't know if the publishing of the documents early constitutes a crime MoK. The leaking of them certainly does.

Not if they are public documents - unless you count the copyright issue...
  • Options
    Do you have anything to support that allegation?
    Common sense? Everyone knows the government did it. No one is ever going to find out evidence to prove it. That's why the government doesn't care.

I don't know much about the law in this issues. But I'd imagine that even if they are public documents, if there happens to be a judicial restriction on them (i.e. not for publication before 28 Februrary 2004 at 12:30 pm) then any breach could be considered a criminal offence. And I'd imagine the body that makes those documents public would be as guilty as the person who leaked them.
  • Options
    The Sun and the mole broke the Official Secrets Act. End of story. The person who leaked it should be tracked down and sacked and The Sun should be repremanded.

I wonder if they would've been so swift to produce a story condemning Sky?

I remember a certain Sky jounalist who completely made up a story during the Iraq War, the Sun produced a few inches a believe on his eventual suicide.

Murdoch's Mouthpiece always speaks "the truth" :crazyeyes
  • Options
    I think Kelly was murdered by the security services.
  • Options
    Something we agree on.