Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

How much money do you spend on the first date

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well.. it's in the title really. How much? This doesn't have any relevance to me other than I was wondering - cos on TV they always go to posh resturants and I can imagine it being £70+ each time? :confused:

Which.. for a meal just to get to know someone better seems a bit much. :chin: Maybe I'm just cheap? :p Maybe when I have a full time job it won't seem that much? :confused:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You should just go somewhere you'll both enjoy rather than somewhere that costs X amount of money!
    Well, it all depends on where you are going for the first date. If its somewhere like the cinemas and then a meal you could get away with £40? If you're just going to the cinemas maybe £20? I should say all that crap like "it's not important, what's important is that you both have fun"... But im not going to. ;p
    I dont know, it really depends on what the pair are interested in. If on a first date its just the cinema thing the asker should be prepared to pay what £25 for the pair? Tickets, popcorn/nachos, drinks etc (i live in London so maybe its cheaper elsewhere) I always think its manners for whoever asked the other on a date to offer to pay. Of course its also polite for the other person to decline.

Best idea i think is a quiet drink in a bar, share buying rounds and pay as much/little as you want. That way theres no def amount of money but a first date is meant to be about finding out about each other, not sitting in a cinema! I think if you spoil a person rotton at a restaurant on a first date, theyre going to expect a lot more on the next date! Start of with a drink and progress to the meal!
    rich dear, no girl our age in their right mind would expect you to pay for anything, share and share alike. and even if ya did pay for it, it wouldnt be £70 mate. if a guy spent that on a date avec moi (granted im 15) id think he was stark raving bonkers and it would probably stop right there.

*crawls back into cynical hermit nest*
    I dont know. not no girl. Because im a believer that whoever asks for the date should offer to pay. My friends both male and female think the same. If a bloke asks a girl to the cinema,restaurant. Its so rude to expect her to pay because he chose the place & he doesnt know how little/much money she has. If a girl asks a guy its the same thing.

Most girls would want to pay for their half, like as an independence thing. But its rude to expect her to, especially if the asker has chosen something expensive.

At the beginning of my relationship with my bf, we took turns paying for each other and didnt go for a meal until wed been together a month, much better. Even know, after 3 years if i ask my bf to go for a meal/drink/cinema i pay, if he asks he pays!
    I'm going to go along with capacity, it's not the money that you spend that matters. I don't think that there's a set ammount that you should pay for a first date.

I've never got home and thought 'that was a cheap date, he should've spent more'

If I got on a first date I'm always flattered if the man offers to pay for everything but I usually insist that I pay my way.

Hx
    Originally posted by paperBprincess
    rich dear, no girl our age in their right mind would expect you to pay for anything, share and share alike. and even if ya did pay for it, it wouldnt be £70 mate. if a guy spent that on a date avec moi (granted im 15) id think he was stark raving bonkers and it would probably stop right there.

*crawls back into cynical hermit nest*

Oh I know - when I go out on a date with a girl it usually consists of hanging around a park for a while on the swings... then walking about doing nothing then getting an open bag of chips and walking her home :p

*sigh* the joys :)

Just like I was thinking 'when I'm older will I have to fork out serious cash?!?!'
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    Oh I know - when I go out on a date with a girl it usually consists of hanging around a park for a while on the swings... then walking about doing nothing then getting an open bag of chips and walking her home :p

*sigh* the joys :)

Just like I was thinking 'when I'm older will I have to fork out serious cash?!?!'
    Ah, I remember those days. Simple days. Days when it was more important to spend time with each other. Days when it was more important who you were, and spending time together listening to music, window shopping in town, and walking home with a bag of chips, meant so much.
    As the years roll by what you do, and what you have, becomes more important. :( You notice that girls don't ask you about the things you like, but more about what you do, etc. Hmmmm. :(

Mr_Wobble ;)
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    You notice that girls don't ask you about the things you like, but more about what you do, etc. Hmmmm. :(
    or 'how much do you earn you silly mofo?'
    Originally posted by paperBprincess
    or 'how much do you earn you silly mofo?'
    That's what they're trying to figure out by asking you what you do. Questions about car, holidays, clothes, etc are all designed to see if you've got the caseh. Subtley of course.

Mr_Wobble ;)
    well when you take me out i pay (you can buy the smokables) so think yourself lucky i'm singlr again rich

luby
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    That's what they're trying to figure out by asking you what you do. Questions about car, holidays, clothes, etc are all designed to see if you've got the caseh. Subtley of course.

Mr_Wobble ;)

I was saying to someone that more money makes you more attractive - and they said it didnt. But if two guys came up to you - one stepping out of his £50k BMW in a suit, with a certain aura about him that succesful business man have; and a £10k a year (if that) mcdonalds worker came up to you wearin the usual jeans and t-shirt in his 'im cool' manner - who you gonna pick? :p

She said it would depend :p I reckon she was trying to avoid the inevitable answer that although money isnt everything - it does make a guy more attractive.
    Originally posted by luby
    well when you take me out i pay (you can buy the smokables) so think yourself lucky i'm singlr again rich

luby

heheh noo i could never - it'll be my treat :)
    well we will have to make a date of it

15th of may, fuengirola, we can go to casterways

luby
    Originally posted by luby
    well we will have to make a date of it

15th of may, fuengirola, we can go to casterways

luby

i wont be there in May. What about July? :flirt: :p