Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Help me please

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Last friday I went out and drank for England, I drank way too much, i wasn't sick though but the day after I was so sick and I felt worse than I ever have then monday night I did the same, which is stupid, I know and since tuesday I've been feeling really nauseated (sp), diarrohea, severe dizzyness and cold symptons like being all blocked up, banging headache etc. Do you reckon I have damaged my body from all the drinking? I've binge drank a lot in the past but this time I feel like it's really affecting me, I wonder if it is just a coincidence or to do with the drinking..I feel so ill, also I fainted about an hour ago.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    you are probably just run down or may have a virus. get youself a doctors appointment though. in the meantime just get lots of rest, drink plenty of water and eat well.

if you need peace of mind call NHS direct but they can't diagnose only give advice. 0845 46 47
    It is possible that you got to the point of poisoning yourself, which can be very dangerous indeed, however the alcohol will leave your body pretty quickly, at the rate of roughly 1 unit per hour. (this is why alcohol, amoung other reasons, has one of the worst withdrawls of any drug)

I would suggest that you got the cold while going out and the poisoning didnt help and they ran into each other.

Out of interest do you remember how much you drank over the course of the evening?
    Have a read through our alcohol content here. If the problems persist then do go to your GP, in the meantime cut down on the booze intake!
    Drink lots of water. It may be a good idea to eat some salt because you could need some.
    And to top it all off, last night my friend invited me out and I just couldn't say no and I drank loads again but I feel better though. I just don't know when to stop though and it's not like I'm an alcoholic cos I don't drink everyday.
    sometimes alcoholism is a problem with not being able to stop drinking when you do drink, not necessarily everyday drinking. its a dependancy on the alcohol also. like a drug addiction.