Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

am I the only one who phones people back?

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
I phoned my friend earlier to invite her and her kids to my littluns birthday party next week. There was no answer but ive just been speaking to another friend on msn and she said that the first girl had phoned her and told her that shed missed a call from me earlier!! Now if shed gone to the trouble of ringing anyone surely she should have returned my call or at least texted to ask what was up? Am I the only one who actually does this? Im tempted to tell her to fuck off and shes not invited after all. I dont see her that much, but its only right to return someones calls surely?
I feel a bit annoyed.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I know it is rude, but often if someone rings me, I often leave it, as if it was important they would ring me back, and if it was just general chat, it could wait. If it was a call from my parents, a sibling or a close friend I would always ring them back.

Did you leave a message or would you just have come up on their missed calls list?
    I always phone back, unless I get the missed call at an ungodly hour obviously. I hate it when people don't phone back, so I practice as i preach!
    Originally posted by the doc horatio
    I know it is rude, but often if someone rings me, I often leave it, as if it was important they would ring me back, and if it was just general chat, it could wait. If it was a call from my parents, a sibling or a close friend I would always ring them back.

Did you leave a message or would you just have come up on their missed calls list?
    tbh i dont mind the fact that someone doesnt phone back immediatly, but the fact she phoned another mutual friend and said shed missed a call from me. it just strikes me as incredibly rude and disrespectful, cos she obviously had time to have a chat, and obviously had credit.
    I hate when people do that too.

I've got a friend, who'll tell me to phone her on a specific day or something, and I will, and then she'll say "oh Im watching Emmerdale (or something equally crap), phone me back in 10 minutes".

As if :yeees:
    I nearly always call back. I don't always call back right away, but I normally at least return a call.
    Same with emails and text messages.

Mr_Wobble ;)
    looks like im going to have to cancel the party anyway. lennys just come up with what looks like chicken pox over his body :( :crying:
    hes gonna have a great third birthday now isnt he.
    I can see why you're annoyed at that Rainbow. That really is just rudeness on her behalf.

But, i am one of those people that doesnt return calls. Partially due to the lack of credit i have, and my unwillingness to chip in on the land line bill! Having said that i do normally text & apologise for missing a call and ask how they are etc. Especially if its somebody i havent seen so much of recently. So maybe im not all that bad.
    Oh bless him :(

Maybe you will have to postpone it and give him an extra special one when he gets better! I never remember feeling sick or ill when i had chickenpox, neither does my sister so at least he wont be feeling too low! Bless
    Originally posted by lil_minx
    Oh bless him :(

Maybe you will have to postpone it and give him an extra special one when he gets better! I never remember feeling sick or ill when i had chickenpox, neither does my sister so at least he wont be feeling too low! Bless
    I will do :) problem is i actually booked a hall and had about 20 kids coming. Im just hoping to God they let me postpone it otherwise thats £40 down the drain. He doesnt seem too ill in himself (yet) hes had what I thought was a cold for the past week, but thats it. Ill have to keep him in for a week though cos if he comes into contact with anyone pregnant or with reduced immunity it might be nasty for them.
    That's awful!

I remember my third party. I had three people from the same family. I didn't have any friends. :(

But yes, a belated one. Or have one in 3 months. 3 and 3 months. :)
    i hate telephones. i always have. i can sell sand to the arabs if i'm talking face to face but on the phone i feel helpless. always been like it, i don't know why. so i very very rarely return anyones call. i very rarely make calls. i very rarely answer the phone which drives emily mad.
    I hate people that don't text back, it really really annoys me :mad: If they don't have credit, they should phone up with a landline :p
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    i hate telephones. i always have. i can sell sand to the arabs if i'm talking face to face but on the phone i feel helpless. always been like it, i don't know why. so i very very rarely return anyones call. i very rarely make calls. i very rarely answer the phone which drives emily mad.

i used to be like that... its cos i didnt trust a 'machine' as such :p

i still dont leave messages on answer machines....
  • White NoiseWhite Noise Posts: 624 Incredible Poster
    maybe the woman promised to call her friend or something? or maybe she had to sort something out that was important?

i dunno, i'm thinking just because someone calls you doesn't mean you have to phone back straight away.

sorry to hear about your kid, but i guess its good that he gets it out of the way early on in life

hope everything works out for the best :)