Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Anger management.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
'Cept meditation and punchbag jabbing, what realistic ways are there to cool off?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    nice bitta ska, have a little dance, a nice cuppa too
    smoke a bong, or stare at a spot on the wall until you forget why you were angry in the first place
    Originally posted by paperBprincess
    nice bitta ska, have a little dance, a nice cuppa too

Did you say tea?

Gav will be along any second now....
    Re: Anger management.
    Originally posted by Capacity
    'Cept meditation and punchbag jabbing, what realistic ways are there to cool off?

Go for a walk alone, that way you are away from people, you can think about things and hopefully go back home in a better frame of mind.

or

Try to talk about whats bugging you rather than shout and scream at someone.

Many years ago i could quite happily just throw a cup at the wall or door in anger and it was just purely stress and tension. One day, i dont know why but i just thought it costs me a fortune to replace these things i chuck and instead of chucking something I just stormed out of the house, went to the park and sat alone for a while. I calmed myself down and then went back home.
    Ive never chucked nothing for years now and I hope it stays that way :)
    Re: Anger management.

listen to loud angry rock music, throw darts at pictures of people you don't like orrr get an LJ and rant in that :)
    i tend to take my anger out on somebody

wonders why he's no friends
    Originally posted by solid_L
    i tend to take my anger out on somebody

wonders why he's no friends

He?

Always assumed you were a she. Not that i paid much attention in the first place but *shrugs*
    What if they work temporarily, but you always find yourself in a rage soon after?
    What if they work temporarily, but you always find yourself in a rage soon after?

so if it worked temporarily do exactly the same thing again, but if it was going for a walk instead of a 10 min walk make it a 20 min walk ?

I used to bottle all sorts up, still do to be honest and I think thats the worst thing to do. If you talk about your problems or whats bugging you then it just feels like a huge weight has been lifted from your shoulders.
    Writing stuff down can also help, like in LJ as already been mentioned because you actually get feedback from people and maybe when you thought you were alone you realise that even though someone aint sat with you they are somewhere listening to you and your not alone.
    Originally posted by Renzokuken

Gav will be along any second now....
    ssssshhh dont tempt him
    Scream into a pillow.
    LJ.
    Friends- shout at them in real life or use caps ( OMFG, YES, CAPS- HOW ABUSIVE) online.

They work for me. Once I run out of energy, I don't have the energy to be angry either.
    Originally posted by J
    Get an axe and chop some logs for the fire.
    You have gas central heating? Oh.

Actually, I have a coal fire ;p

...I don't see how people can do all of these things. Dancing and screaming and drinking tea does nothing for me, I think the only things are punchbagage and meditation (for I am Yoda in disguise).
    normally i have a bath. i lock myself in my bathroom for an allocated time and lie in the bath until i clam. or scream and cry and scream and cry. hopefully this then leads to calm. sadly sometimes it then leads to hysterics.hmm
    xxx
    Originally posted by LacyMay
    He?

Always assumed you were a she. Not that i paid much attention in the first place but *shrugs*

lol wat made u think that?

Na im 100% male