Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

The Police Initial Recruitment Test

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyone done this or know anyone who's done it?

I've been invited to attend two lots of PIRTs, one in Northumbria and one in South Yorkshire after getting past the application form stage.
Feedback on my app form was good - 2 A's, 2 B's and a D and I've bought a book 'How to pass the police initial recruitment test'.

I know what the tests entail and I know what would come after this should I pass but was wondering if anyone else is applying or has applied to join the police?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: The Police Initial Recruitment Test
    Originally posted by AndyW
    Anyone done this or know anyone who's done it?

I've been invited to attend two lots of PIRTs, one in Northumbria and one in South Yorkshire after getting past the application form stage.
    Feedback on my app form was good - 2 A's, 2 B's and a D and I've bought a book 'How to pass the police initial recruitment test'.

I know what the tests entail and I know what would come after this should I pass but was wondering if anyone else is applying or has applied to join the police?
    have a look aty my thread in anything goes about useless coppers please.
    maybe you can ask questions ...give some advice about what being a copper realy means. how about the old bill learn some public relations!
    Yes Andy, I have done the PIRT, Interview, roleplays, Written plus the fitness & medical for the Met.
    I am currently at the security checks stage and will hopefully be given a start date in a few months.
    That book is quite good and it's all you need for the PIRT.

Below are some excellent discussion board websites.

http://www.policeuk.com/forum/
    http://www.ukpoliceonline.co.uk/
    http://www.police999.com

Good Luck
    Re: Re: The Police Initial Recruitment Test
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    have a look aty my thread in anything goes about useless coppers please.
    maybe you can ask questions ...give some advice about what being a copper realy means. how about the old bill learn some public relations!

shock horror, morrocan roll had a bad experience with the police.
    that must make the whole force incompetent :rolleyes:
    Cheers Dan, that's great :)
    Wow they do books? Thats good... I want to join after my degree (yes i will be quitting drugs well in advance - got to look after my career and ambitions) i heard a lovely little rumour that theyre scrapping the physical for women, because they fail it and want more women in the force. Shoudnt they just change it?! Cant have a load of uselessly unfit women running around!

(nothing of importance to add to the thread - sorry!!!)
    Originally posted by lil_minx
    Wow they do books? Thats good... I want to join after my degree (yes i will be quitting drugs well in advance - got to look after my career and ambitions) i heard a lovely little rumour that theyre scrapping the physical for women, because they fail it and want more women in the force. Shoudnt they just change it?! Cant have a load of uselessly unfit women running around!

(nothing of importance to add to the thread - sorry!!!)

They're not scrapping it for women that would be sexist!
    They've made it easier for everyone because half the women were failing. The bleep test has been lower to a very easy level, the sprinting test completly removed, their are a couple of strength elements but most girls can do these.
    I don't think this is too much of a problem becauce once you start training the fitness requirements go up and up.
    Originally posted by dantheman
    They're not scrapping it for women that would be sexist!
    They've made it easier for everyone because half the women were failing. The bleep test has been lower to a very easy level, the sprinting test completly removed, their are a couple of strength elements but most girls can do these.
    I don't think this is too much of a problem becauce once you start training the fitness requirements go up and up.

See, that was my problem - thought it was very sexist (and pointless) thing to do, but i didnt put it past the police fordce to be sexist.

I dont think its that good of an idea to make it easier tbh..
    I got my results this morning...and I passed!! :D

Just a little physical and medical and I'm in!

Cheers to Dan, those links were mucho helpful :)
    Originally posted by AndyW
    I got my results this morning...and I passed!! :D

Just a little physical and medical and I'm in!

Cheers to Dan, those links were mucho helpful :)

Nice one Andy!
    Thanks, I actually undertook an assessment day (NRM), where the PIRT was a small part of the whole day.

Can't wait - my name is down on SYP's books for police training and physical and medical is a week on Tuesday :)
    Good luck, Andy.

I'm also wanting to join the police after uni. :yes:

Best keep fit while I'm there so I pass the fitness test thingy. Eeek.
    Good luck with your application LD, the physical is a doddle to be honest.

Got my provisional start date yesterday - 13th April, a day after my 21st birthday!! :D