Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

George Bush -the penny has dropped

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Bush wants 'facts' on Iraqi WMD

US President George W Bush has said he wants to "know the facts" about Iraq's alleged weapons of mass destruction.
The White House has been under pressure to set up an inquiry into why no weapons have been found in Iraq.

In his remarks on Friday, President Bush did not address whether an investigation would be established.

His comments follow an admission by his national security chief that there may have been flaws in the gathering of material about the Iraqi arsenal.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/3445975.stm

Well done George, some would argue that its a tad late and maybe you could of thought about this...say last year but hey I guess you were busy................

:rolleyes:

Comments

• Options
    No doubt he will blame the US' intelligence services though, instead of admitting that it was the White House that organised the deception.

Just like our good Prime Minister.
  • Options
    Let him do that and find out the hard way what it is to make an enemy of our shadow government! ;)

Might be the quickest way to be rid of him and his henchmen in one fell swoop!
  • Options
    what bullshit aye! now the penny has dropped with everyone else
    he has to be seen to be clean ...pass the buck. how many will blindly go along with this fucking charade?
    if the ship is sinking it is always the captains fault in my book.
  • Options
    Honestly, I don’t understand why Iraq’s possible WMD is such pain in arse. Is Iraq the only country in the world who had or tried to get or dreamed about it? What if some ’secret intelligence source’ told us America has WMD? We all would be shocked…
    Who is more dangerous? For last two decades Iraq started two wars, while USA started …I don’t know- ten, twenty, thirty? How many Iraq’s troops are located in Europe, Africa, Pacific region? How many overseas military bases Iraq had? Did Iraq drop nuclear bombs on Kuwait?
    Yes I know, there are big boys like USA and UK who hold the exclusive right to keep up Law and Order. Nothing strange. This just mirrors a situation within their borders where a gang named itself Government holds its monopoly and having bombs, missiles, submarines and other shiny toys jails its subjects for owning grandfather’s ancient Colt.
  • Options
    Actually it takes no secret intelligence to demonstrate that the US maintains (in total contravention to its sworn signature to the BWC and CWC) both chemical and niological weapons stocks.

As for upholding law, we break it routinely whilst pontificating about the rule of law to weaker nations. It's hollow rhetoric used as a smokescreen to justify the real guiding principle of "might makes right".