Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Cannabis law change- My Rant.

13»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    There is a growing body of evidence to suggest a possible link between young males using cannabis and the increase in mental illness. So, yes potencially there is the risk there for it to make you more violent, but personally I'm not convinced by the studies I have read, yet.

However, I do think its fairly obvious that if you use a lot during your teenage years it cant be good for you.
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    of to Moooooondance! At the Camden Palace, I was supposed to be going with Minxy but she's pulled out.

Dont remind me :crying: im so bloody bummed out by it!!!! It really is a CRYING shame and i am really really in the mood for raving this weekend.. not only can i not go to last ever moondance at the palace cant go to the last ever Peach at the palace!! Peach wont even be worth thinking about going to once its moved!
    Cant you get cancer from the pesticides anyway? Isnt that why organic is the healthier option?! So there has to be some danger.. Oh i miss organic food my mum went though a phase of buying all organic stuff was so yum :yum: she also used to put wheat germ on EVERYTHING we ate... oooh organic pasta :yum: maybe its just tricks of the mind but i really notice a difference
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Its nice to know my mum wasn't the only wheatgerm freak....

Have fun at Moondance bong, you old schooler...
    no.. i had to suffer too :p
    My headteacher made an announcement in front of the entire school today about these law changes. If found on a school pupil, class B rules will still apply.

Perfectly fitting i feel.
    Minxy; The issue of farming, additives and pesticides is a complex issue, its really not as simple as unatural = death.

Organic isnt better for you in of itself. It has the potencial to be better for you, but if the food isnt of a good standard, which it so of often isnt with organic then its probably not.

Also organic doesnt always mean totaly organic, the additives they can put in are sometimes quite far away from the wholesome image they put forward.

Yes I would aggree that there is a potencial risk from pesticides, etc. But at present with most of them the 'hazards' are really only based on a scientific policy of having to PROVE something is safe. This is actually very hard to do because you have to remove any doubt, which as any scientist will tell you is pretty much beyond science.

UK farmers are actually using less pesticides than ever before per acre and they are less harmful to the enviroment or wildlife. Granted farming is still the UK's biggest poluter of water ways but it isnt all bad.

I would suggest that you all purchase veg with the LEAF logo, this is a organisation which promotes 'sustainable farming' this is not totaly organic, but gets the best of both worlds. It is this sustainable farming that will be the future for afordable, safe, healthy and good to the enviroment food.

Reform of the CAP is also needed, but thats really another issue that I wont dwell over.
    Originally posted by Doofay

Perfectly fitting i feel.

:yes: i agree...

that was very good of your school to do that.

budda.. oh my god you even know about farming! :shocking:the pesticides havent really bothered me to the extent that i watch what i buy, i mean everybody eats fruit and veg, there havent been any shocking stories in the press, no outbreaks that farming has been blamed for as such (apart from meat/fish products of course - i always thought salmon must be a slight health hazard because of the way they farm them but am very upset about the new findings!!) so whilst i do enjoy organic food (which is just as well because its bloody expensive) the fact that pesticides may be used hasnt effected me too much..yore going to find it hard to get things in life.. food/drink/drugs/air/water that is going to be 100% clean, safe and healthy..
    your all mad ...
    I did my Uni end of course paper on the Common Agricultural Policy and its effect on EU farming, which inclueded issues of farming subsidies, use of pestisides, organic, sustainability etc.

Did you know one farmer dies a week from accidents on the farm? And they have one of the highest sucide rates amoung professions.
    Well it is a stressful job and dangerous whenever your out on the farm, cattle, bulls, all that.

It's very early hours too, but sure we don't need half the sleep we get.
    bump.
    ooh good rant...Loads of feedback.

no magician though :no:
    Yes, but you didnt mention your magician in your rant.