Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Have I got no chance or is she playing REALLY hard to get?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
OK, after two months of waiting for the right moment, and many let-downs after getting myself prepared, I finally asked the, erm, girl of my thoughts out today. I hadn't planned on it, but suddenly i was faced with the rare situation of being on my own with her so i just asked. Here's a summary of what followed.

She said, "What, just you and me?"

Me: "Not exactly, there will be loads of other people there"

Her: "I don't want people thinking we're going on dates..."

Me: "Oh it will be fun, lots of free food, drink and music" [well, free for her anyway... will set me back nearly £60!]

Her: "I'll have to check..."

Me: "Will you know today?"

Her: "Might do"

Me: "Can you let me know when you do?"

Her: "yeah"

Then after talking about various other things, she told me about some guy she smuggled back last night, then dumped him cos he was a bad kisser. Surely talking about that kind of stuff to me after ^that^ convo is a bad sign?

Or is she just playing really really hard to get?

Or is she just dim?

Or am i being waaaay too optimisitc?

Her best friend knows i've been trying to ask her out for ages, and she's a good friend of mine too, so i hope she goes to her and talks about it and then something positive can be said. *praying* If not then it looks like i've just wasted two and a half months of being patient.

(PS no word from her yet :()

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    not to sound nasty but to be honest she doesnt really sound interested, sorry.

my advice, move on and have abit of fun!

Tigerlilly :wave:
    x
    This is probably not what you want to hear but i'll be truthful anyway:

I doubt you have any chance with this girl, she clearly says she doesnt want people thinking you 2 are together and to be honest, she sounds lke a bit of a bitch!
    she told me about some guy she smuggled back last night, then dumped him cos he was a bad kisser. Surely talking about that kind of stuff to me after ^that^ convo is a bad sign?

She might not have had anyone else to talk to about it. i know i've talked about stuff like this in the past to people who i doubt even care but it was just because i had to get it off my chest.

I'm sorry but i wouldnt hold out much hope for this girl, just forget about her and move on...
    Talking about the other guy, on its own, could be seen as an attempt to make you jealous and fancy her more. But the fact that she said 'I don't want people thinking we're going on dates' and was then reluctant to let you know when she'd be free or even to find out when she would be pretty much suggests to me that she's not interested. But the only way to know is to ask her outright.
    I've just reaslsied we've got a lecture together at 9 tomorrow, so i should get a concrete answer by then. Problem is lectures aren't good places to ask her that sort of thing outright, hence why i'm trying to get her on an evening without any of her firends who seem to be perpetually around! (not that i don't like them... they're all good mates of mine)
    not to be mean huni, she doesnt sound that intersted, never know could be wrong! :) x
    I don't think she's interested, specially if she's worried other people might think you are together.

Don't waste all that money on her!
    Originally posted by byny
    Don't waste all that money on her!

Especially on someone who is showing no interest at all.

But if you want a straight answer you got to ask a straight question. easier said than done, mind...
    Originally posted by Kermit
    Especially on someone who is showing no interest at all.

But if you want a straight answer you got to ask a straight question. easier said than done, mind...

Yeah I'm all for answering a straight question... its just finding the right moment! And the only time i can get her on her own is a blooming lecture... thats hardly a romance-inducing situation! :(

Only the other day she saw me, got excited, ran over and kissed me, which has happened many times before... yet other times she's like she was today, just dismissing me it seems. Grrr...
    Pah. Ask her straight, ask if she likes you or if shes messing about or whatever. If you're going to forget about her anyway what have you got to lose by asking her?
    Re: Have I got no chance or is she playing REALLY hard to get?
    Originally posted by Rocks

Then after talking about various other things, she told me about some guy she smuggled back last night, then dumped him cos he was a bad kisser. Surely talking about that kind of stuff to me after ^that^ convo is a bad sign?

)

Fucking hell, I wouldnt even bother with this girl she sounds about as shallow as they come. If some girl said that to me about someone else that would so put me off trying to get in there.
    Re: Re: Have I got no chance or is she playing REALLY hard to get?
    Originally posted by Digital-Emotion
    Fucking hell, I wouldnt even bother with this girl she sounds about as shallow as they come. If some girl said that to me about someone else that would so put me off trying to get in there.

It's not as easy as that- some women talk about other men fancying them, and being desirable, in order to make themselves look more desirable. there's no stronger emotion that jealousy, I guess...it's human nature to covet what isn;t yours.
    Its just not her to be shallow and being a bitch... i didn't exactly fall in love with her cos of her looks, but i can't beleive she's had a personality change overnight. I'm giving her the beneffit of the doubt for now, but i'll report on the result tomorrow.
    At least give it a chance-
    If her friends knows about it ask her which way is it straying-

If possible ask her outright and watch her facial/body language-
    Better to know and move on or forward then sitv around and waste your time and money!
    Darn it... too much to ask of her to turn up to the 9am lecture i suppose!

I've got her firend to tell her to give me a ring today... if she doesn't i will cos i want to get this sorted before i go home this weekend!
    She's most likely stopped all the hugging and stuff because she's realised you were trying to ask her out, and doesn't want to be seen to be leading you on.

I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you :(
    OK, finally got a reply. "Hey kristian! i reckon u shud ask someone else cos there is this band i really wanna see at the guild that nite and im the kind of person who likes bands more than balls"

Ok that's put me in my place then. I take it being inferior to DOGS DIE IN HOT CARS + THE ZUTONS means i've got no bloody chance.

It didn't exactly help that i got that message within one minute of getting another message from someone i was meant to meet tonight who had persuaded me to get a ticket for something and then she didn't turn up after i'd been waiting for an hour. After a mate forgot about me earlier in the week as well, being let down three times in one week is a bit hard to take.

As i posted in the first week of January, 2004 is turning out to be a really really shit year. :(
    Originally posted by Rocks
    As i posted in the first week of January, 2004 is turning out to be a really really shit year. :(

I'm sorry hun. It's not been great for me either. I broke up with my boyfriend and I have just been pretty much rejected by the guy I like too, so I totally sympathise. I am feeling completely shit. Hope you feel better soon. xx
    Chin up lad, there's a PM coming your way, when it's not like 4am :eek:
    aaw man i got a text from her this evening and got excited.

i opened it and it said "hey did u just phone me kristian?"

ijust texted back and said it was impossible as my phone was locked, but then my mates said maybe she was finding an excuse to text me cos surely if she has my number she'd know if i phoned?

i'm taking the pessimistic side (i.e. not that!) but damn i just wish life was simple :(

sorry i've been drinking a bit... if i make no sense thats why...