Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

:( Not been paid.......

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
As there isn't really a law forum and this isn't that much to do with work.....

I didn't get paid propperly for work I did over Christmas, I have rang them and sent a letter moaning. I paid a visit to Student services who told me to write one more letter and send it by regestered mail, if they don't sort it out within 7 days they gave me a address of a solicitor company. Anyone gone through this before? What will happen? And will my work get pissed off with me and ask me to leave after its all sorted out?

Bopz

P.S. Sorry bout spelling!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: :( Not been paid.......
    Originally posted by Bopperz
    ? And will my work get pissed off with me and ask me to leave after its all sorted out?

yes ...and you will be blacklisted across the land. you will be rendered unemployable and the only options left will be the workhouse or becoming a mod.

DO you know why you haven't been paid "properly", where is the difference between what you expected and what you got?
    Originally posted by Bopperz
    As there isn't really a law forum and this isn't that much to do with work.....

this couldn't be more to do with work if it tried. :p

personally if i was still working there, i'd try to get it sorted out within the company without resorting to solicitors, because they'll probably bear a grudge against you forever. ask for a direct number for the person in charge of payroll, and annoy them until it gets sorted.
    get a sensible mate to fone them up pretending to be a solicitor and threatening court action if you are not paid, it will put the fear of god in them and you want have to *really* resort to solicitors, your mate has to be good though
    I'm now at uni I wales, they are in Essex, England. The differance in pay was not much, but I want my money! (£80)

The fact that its work related is not that important, I wanted to know if anybody had been to a small claims court etc.

I rang them at begin of Jan and the manager told me to ring back the next day. I did and they told me the manager was not coming in that day

Bopz
    Before you go down the Small Claim route, you need to make sure that you have exausted all non-legal avenues - otherwise you will end up paying costs.

Do they admit that they have underpaid you? Do you have a contract showing how much you should have been paid? Do you have a pay slip showing how much you were actually paid? Have they indicated why there is a difference between the two?
    what are costs like if you take someone to small claims court? I thought there weren't any

of course i could be wrong