Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

My Friend is Depressed :(

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My best mate has been really down and depressed lately but apparently there is no reason for this emotional change.

He thinks its just come along and hes all depressed for no reason, hes never happy anymore and im getting worried about him.

He knows im there for him and he may be seeing a shrink soon, but is there anything else i could do to help?

Thanx

Comments

• littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Re: My Friend is Depressed :(
    Originally posted by RudeBwoy
    My best mate has been really down and depressed lately but apparently there is no reason for this emotional change.

He thinks its just come along and hes all depressed for no reason, hes never happy anymore and im getting worried about him.

He knows im there for him and he may be seeing a shrink soon, but is there anything else i could do to help?

Thanx

im afraid there is nothing you can do until your friend accepts that he has a problem. that will be difficult for you but you cant force your help on anyone. as long as he knows you are there for him (which you said he does) then there is not alot you can do for him really. the more you push him the more he may resent you :)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    He knows hes got a problem and he wants help, but im not too sure on how to help him more than what i am doing now...
    It's possible that he does know whats depressing him, but when I went through depression a while back I had difficulty admitting/understanding that I had a problem and then still had difficulty talking to anyone about it. Not even my closest friends or family knew, you might get the feeling that it isn't the case, but everyone gets that feeling when it happens to them. Just a possibility though. It should do him some good to talk to someone confidentially and qualified. Hope it all works out.
    Thanks for the replys, il keep trying to help him out but i wont pester him.
    useful article?

Just be there, man

Susie :)