Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

whats the craziest trip you've ever been on?

2»

Comments

• SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    I'm very picky about my drug that make me trip.

DMT has to be the most intense and unpleasant trip I've ever had.
    I don't rate ketamine that much.
    Normal liberty caps have made me black out before and quite often give me a serious case of paranoia.
    Morning Glory seeds and Nutmeg both made me very very sick.

My favourite trips are Acid (despite the comedown) and Fly Agaric mushrooms. Salvia extract was nice but I've only ever done it in small quantities so far.

I want to try Henbane, 2CB and 2CI
    Weekender Offender 
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Henbane? I've never heard of that one, what is it?
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Isn't that the plant they make laudanum out of?
    I thought laudenam was just opium disolved in alcohol, isnt it?

I feel quite lost not know the answers to these, I'm off to check.
    Bong, I' really have no idea!

Henbane is of the nightshade family, and I found the following on Drugscope -

Henbane is weed that grows to 31 inches tall. It has sticky serrated leaves and dullish yellow, funnel-shaped flowers marked by characteristic veins and a stale scent. The fruits contain tiny black seeds. The plant and seeds contain hyoscine, hyoscyamine, atropine, and scopolamine (tropane alkaloids). The effects are varied but in general cause hallucinations, drowsiness, stupefaction and disorientation. In sufficient doses the plant can be dangerous causing unconsciousness, mania, violence, seizures, trembling of limbs and in extreme cases death. The plants name means killer of hens in old English.

Henbane is cultivated as a source of alkaloids for the pharmaceutical industry. Drugs based on henbane alkaloids are applied in modern medicine as painkillers and antispasmodics.

Nice!!
    Here is what Erowid has to say, not very much I'm afraid!

And according to this site , when applied as a warm compress it is quite handy for swelling of the testicles......
    From Erowid, under a section called opium time line;

"-1800s Patent medicines and opium preperations such as Dover's Powder were readilly available without restrictions. Indeed, Laudanum (opium mixed with alcohol) was cheaper than beer or wine and readily within the means of the lowest-paid worker. "
    Well from that description I can see why Henbane would be high up on anyones want to list.
    I always defer to your extensive knowledge of psychoactive substances mr budda, was there any doubt you were right? :D
    Maybe skive just has enormous balls then? Its possible I suppose.
    Originally posted by LadyJade
    The plant and seeds contain hyoscine, hyoscyamine, atropine, and scopolamine (tropane alkaloids).

Skive - obviously I'm not telling you what to do, but I would strongly advise you against Henbane. Hyoscine, atropine and scopolamine are all active ingredients in Datura Innoxia and believe me, that really wasn't a nice trip what so ever. I'm not sure about the other one (hyoscyamine) but I know all the rest are deleriants, and well, being a member of the nightshade family immediately on it's own screams danger.

Just be careful, you could easily find yourself on a hellish 18+ journey of pure delerium.

:cool:
    hyoscyamine - Jimsonweed's flowers and leaves contain the psychoactive l-hyoscyamine (as well as smaller amounts of atropine (dl-hyoscyamine), scopolamine, and other alkaloids).

l-Hyoscyamine acts primarily by blocking the muscarinic receptors of the parasympathetic system. At moderate doses this produces symptoms including dilated pupils, flushed skin, increased body temperature, and dry mouth. At higher, toxic doses, confusion and hallucinations result, followed by amnesia. Although deaths are rare, it can take several days to recover from a high dose of jimsonweed (Roblot et al 1993, Hanna et al 1992).

From
    http://itsa.ucsf.edu/~ddrc/lloyd.html , and this site has some interesting info too.....
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    I saw them take Henbane on that Sacred Weeds progamme that was on 4 quite a while ago now. Got me intested that's all.

Maybe I'll just stick to my Fly's.
    Weekender Offender 
    Where am I?
    Is the recession over yet ...
    Memories! :D
    do* :shocking: