Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

underwear

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Is it just me or is nice underwear really overpriced?

Ive seen bras up to £100! Usual prive for a nice one is about £30

It silly

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I agree. Saks has panties and stuff for over $200. Even me, with an unnatural panty obsession would not buy that. However there are tons and tons of places that they are reasonably priced. And really, I find that the cuter ones, more than the sexy ones, are priced very very good.
    Panties...ergh :eek2:

It depends how much you're willing to pay, some pieces are really nice but expensive, but then you can find cheaper really nice sets.

Department stores are good, and sites like www.figleaves.co.uk.

It's like designer clothes, they're more pennies.
    I just bought lovely new underwear from Figleaves! :D

Online shopping will be my financial downfall...
    Re: underwear
    Originally posted by Blah_x2

It silly

Some people - usually those with more money then sense aren't smart enough to know what's good and what's not and so only go by price.

I know people that will see something they like.. pick it up and then put it back because they don't think it's expensive enough.
    I know someone who was trying to sell their old 3 piece suite in the paper. They put it up for really cheap but after a fortnight noone had been interested. As an experiment they put the price up quite a lot, and within a couple of hours theyd had loads of people interested and they sold it!
    by the way that was in support of diamond geezers post about people buying things purely because theyre expensive.
    Just realised how O/T it looked in a post about undies. :lol:
    I'm really mad at the mo....in House of Fraser the Love Kylie underwear was in the sale, so I bought some since it's normally about £40 for a bra and it was down to about £17. BUT they had small bras which is fine but only huge knickers! I mean how is someone with a 32B bust gonna have a size 16 bum (no offence if you do :p). Now I'm really mad cos I have the bra but no knickers to match, I can't go out wearing un-matching underwear! :eek:
    That's like me, ish...I want a nice set, but they only do the bottoms in a size 10 and they're too big :rolleyes: :mad:
    Originally posted by Faith
    I can't go out wearing un-matching underwear! :eek:

have to go out wearing no underwear then :p
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    have to go out wearing no underwear then :p

In this weather?! I'll put thermals on thankyou!

not that I have any.... :p
    I know what you mean, I was in primark the other day and I saw a nice set but the pants where like huge.
    Ahhh Love Kylie is my favourite!!!

I'm in Australia..... and a while back there was a shop which had a big big Kylie sale..... eg..... undies and G's for $3 !! and bra's for $9!!! I dont know too much about the conversion rate but the prices are normally around $50 for a bra and $20-30 for undies so im sure u can see how exciting that was!! Ahhhhhhh i want i back! I got about $400 worth for $50. Now i've had to go back to paying crappy full price and limiting myself to only one set every few weeks :(
    Can I just interject? - TopShop girlie boxers! Cheap compared to what you guys are prepared to spend and so comfy!
    everyone! argos additions do some good underwear that is fairly priced :) yay
    im gonna moan and say that it REALLY is hard to find good bras for people with a c cup plus chest :mad: im a E and it really does my tits in (no pun intended) that all the nice bras dont go up that big and the bras in our sizes are something your gran would wear when all her other bras are in the wash, and nice ones cost a fortune
    Originally posted by Char_Baby
    im gonna moan and say that it REALLY is hard to find good bras for people with a c cup plus chest :mad: im a E and it really does my tits in (no pun intended) that all the nice bras dont go up that big and the bras in our sizes are something your gran would wear when all her other bras are in the wash, and nice ones cost a fortune

Fair point, but if you have an arse under a size 10 you can never find any knickers, they're all Bridget Jones style granny pants! :mad:

:p
    Re: underwear
    Originally posted by Blah_x2

It silly

i don't even spend £30 on them
    Fair point, but if you have an arse under a size 10 you can never find any knickers, they're all Bridget Jones style granny pants! :mad:

Yes, but you're under a size 10. There have to be some disadvantages, or we'd all hate you even more.

Originally posted by piccolo
    Can I just interject? - TopShop girlie boxers! Cheap compared to what you guys are prepared to spend and so comfy!

I have a pair of them! The ones with 'girly boxers' written around the top.

With the other points, I'm a D/DD and it pisses me off how places like topshop only do upto a C :rolleyes:

*is v jealous* im tiny heightwise (5'2") but certainly not as far as my bums concerned!lower 1/2 of me is at least a size bigger than the top 1/2 of me.