Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

No WMD stockpile in Iraq

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    but most people knew that before the invasion ...no one would listen.
    ...and still bush and bliar are allowed to get away with it.
  • Options
    There was a time when if a politician had been caught lying, especially about things as important as something that will decide whether a nation goes into war, they would resign immediately.

Blair has probably lied more times about more things in the last 18 months than all the other Prime Ministers in the history in Britain put together. And the bastard will still not go away.

What the hell else does he have to do before he considers his position as unattainable???
  • Options
    Thats not suprising, but the war was still justified.

Its the governments fault for playig down the regime change mission, and raising the profile of WMD.

If I was PM I would say we had gone in to kick Saddams ass.
  • Options
    How was it justified?
  • Options
    Matadore offering opinion in place of substantive legal analysis (on which grounds his opinion falls flat).

The war was and always shall be an illegal invasion of a sovereign state which posed no viable threat to our security and thus makes us the aggressors and as bad as any expansionist villain against which we have fought in modern history.

Right wingers want their cake and to eat it too, but war of aggression is illegitimate regardless of the nation(s) perpetrating it.
  • Options
    Tell me Mat, are you in favour of the West waging war against the state of Uzbekistan?

And if not, would you kindly explain why?

Yeah, I thought so.

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    I've been saying since 1995 that Blair cannot be trusted, it makes me despair that its taken the people nine whole years to cotton onto that fact. It's not just the war- the man is corrupt, the man has no morals except his own self-preservation and he thinks that he can do no wrong. The man is a liability, but the people of this country are still too fucking dumb to vote the c*nt out.

Oh, and Matadore, the war could only possibly be justified as a threat to national security. International law prevents wars of expansionism and wars for commodities, possibly the human rights issue could be used but then the United States would have to justify its involvement after its past in Nicaragua, Chile, Somalia, Korea, and its lack of involvement in East Timor, Sudan, and Cambodia.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    What the hell else does he have to do before he considers his position as unattainable???
    Pass. Although according to the radio news (independent) 56% want him to resign if Lord Hutton says he was partly responsilbe for Kelly's death.
  • Options
    Don't believe it, Tony Blair says otherwise and the man is honest i tell you. The asylum-seekers probably stole them if they're missing, they do that you know....

:mad: of Tunbridge Wells
  • Options
    Tony Blair is an arse bandit.
    I voted for the Tories, and will do again. They might not be perfect but at least you know where you stand with them, and a vote for anyone else would be wasted anyway.