Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Hair colouring

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have light brown hair but I really would like to dye my hair a reddy brown but I'm not sure if it would take to my natural hair colour, what do you think?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think it'd definately take. My hair is red and nothing takes to it, which is annoying! I'd start with something not too dark though, or it might give you a bit of a shock! Unless you're the daring type! ;)
    it should work, mines almost black and nowt sticks to it, even when its bleached
    good luck though
    if you look on the back of a hairdye box it shows you a pic of what colour your hair should look like after you've dyed it depending on your natural hair colour.
    Yus, i have light brown hair too and was a redhead for YEARS. It'll be fine, and don't be too worried if it goes uberbright straight after you dye it - it generally tones down a little after you've washed it a couple of times.
    I was just asking because I wanted redish streaks in my hair and my hairdresser said it wouldn't take so I had to end up with copper.