Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Im a freak

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Everyone thinks im a freak or im werid and its really getting me down, im so depressed and crying, i try and act normal and nice and everything, yet everyone just thinks im werid and a freak and doesnt like me and i scare them :'(

Comments

• Options
    Aww:rolleyes:
  • Options
    I don't think you're a freak or weird or any of that. :)

but you do scare me :shocking: ......only joking ;)

I don't know much about you ie how old you are but you can pm me if you want :heart: chin up *hugs*
  • Options
    Originally posted by SupaStar
    I don't think you're a freak or weird or any of that. :)

but you do scare me :shocking: ......only joking ;)

I don't know much about you ie how old you are but you can pm me if you want :heart: chin up *hugs*
    your gonna regret that :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by jellygirl

not the most helpful comment in the world.

Here's my attempt instead:

Finding out who you 'are' is one of the most difficult things in the world - some people still aren't sure when they've reached old age. Being unusual isn't a bad thing, but not liking yourself is. Try to focus on things you'd like to change about yourself and make positive steps towards that. If you find people acting horribly towards you, think about why - what did you do to cause the reaction and did you think it was acceptable? Try looking at some of the features in the friends section in relationships for some more tips on making friends you want to keep.
    :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by spanner
    not the most helpful comment in the world.

Here's my attempt instead:

Finding out who you 'are' is one of the most difficult things in the world - some people still aren't sure when they've reached old age. Being unusual isn't a bad thing, but not liking yourself is. Try to focus on things you'd like to change about yourself and make positive steps towards that. If you find people acting horribly towards you, think about why - what did you do to cause the reaction and did you think it was acceptable? Try looking at some of the features in the friends section in relationships for some more tips on making friends you want to keep.
    :)

:yes:

your gonna regret that

ah well :)
  • Options

Your such a bitch, carrying on all pathetic :rolleyes:

Lynx your not a freak, the more negative you are about yourself the more depressed you will get. I know its hard but try to think positive and don't worry about the people who think your a freak because they're not worth it you need friends who will accept you for who you are inside. :yes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Karma Killer
    your gonna regret that :p

Unneccessary. Don't be such a twat.
  • Options
    Originally posted by the doc horatio
    Unneccessary. Don't be such a twat.

That was unneccessary too. Don't be such a twat.
  • Options
    OK everyone, this bickering is really beginning to get on my nerves. It's difficult to come on here and open up and admit you need help with something - if you want to help, help. Otherwise go and bicker about films or politics. People's emotions are too important.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Karma Killer

I thought yours was more unnecessary to be fair. He's not exactly happy at the moment and quite a bit of that was due to you . . .

But I'm not going to comment on why that is because I'll just start an argument again . . .
  • Options
    Originally posted by spanner
    Otherwise go and bicker about politics.

We could do with the man-power over in politics. I need some new blood to flame:p

Good point, if I see the :rolleyes: icon in here one more time I think I will scream.
  • Options
    Re: Im a freak
    Originally posted by Lynx
    Everyone thinks im a freak or im werid and its really getting me down, im so depressed and crying, i try and act normal and nice and everything, yet everyone just thinks im werid and a freak and doesnt like me and i scare them :'(

If you are depressed going to see a doctor or your college counsellor would be a good first step, and one you should try and force yourself to do. Itll help- a lot.
  • Options
    I dont even know who my doctor is, i dont wana go on pills as thats admitting defeat to myself.

I wana work throug this, just need people, mostly girls around me to stop saying im a freak or unattractive as it just gets me down, along with posts like some in here, really puts me off posting as i just await some sort of backlash, but thank you for everyone for being nice to me and kind :) thats what i like most about this site and makes me happier.

i thnk i'll go about changing my looks and see if that makes me feel better.

Im also forcing my friends to see me a bit more.

Thanks guys and gals.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mz Stonedalot

Your such a bitch, carrying on all pathetic

Shut up :) And please remember that you are white, you are not a black jamaican ok darlin'? :)
  • Options
    Shut up :) And please remember that you are white, you are not a black jamaican ok darlin'? :)

Well thank you Jellygirl you have proved to everyone that not only are you rude but your also racist!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Lynx
    i dont wana go on pills as thats admitting defeat to myself.

its not admitting defeat, its admitting you have a problem and facing up to needing the short term help of tablets.

I think if most people were honest we all go through periods of low self esteem, I think maybe thats what your problem is. You say about changing your looks, but if you dont feel right inside it wont really make you 100% better. There again if you did change in some way and people gave you more attention then it may work.
  • Options

sorry have to say totally uncalled for!
  • Options
    but your also racist!
    How exactly? :confused:

Anyhoo, Lynx, you're not a freak or anything, you just need to get a bit of self esteem. I'm sure councilling would held enourmously. It's not admitting defeat, they'll help you work through your problems and help you get some confidence back.
  • Options
    your also racist!

How exactly, m'dear? How is taking the piss out of your pathetic lexis "racist"?

Oh, and it's "you're", the informal version of "you are".
  • Options
    Hey, I'm a freak too if that helps...? I mean, I have a few people who understand me, and everyone else just sorta laughs at me. They don't really get my humour...

But I guess i look on the bright side, and think, well at least i can make people laugh!

Seriously though, don't get depressed about it. I think a change of image is quite a good idea, might help u get more confidence, and start over-type thing. But really you've gotta come to terms with urself too!!!

Jeez, i think im really bad at this advice thing, i just ramble on too much! But hope i helped, and cheer up!!
  • Options
    Well thank you Jellygirl you have proved to everyone that not only are you rude but your also racist!

:confused: Sorry, I really don't see it, and neither do the people who have commented before me.

Lynx, if you don't want to go to see your doctor, I don't see how it can get any better. Changing your hair won't make any difference. Sorry if you I am being negative, but I think it is true.

I don't see how me telling you that you are being out of order (again :rolleyes: ) is unneccessary. You obviously need telling.
  • Options
    Changing your hair won't make any difference.

:yes: you gotta get a new attitude, not a new hairstyle! If you change how you look, but still think how you do, it won't make a difference. 'Sall to do with confidence. You could be the ugliest guy in the world, but with a bit of confidence and belief in yourself, you will be found attractive. However, if you think getting a new hairstyle will affect your confidence for the better, then go for it :)

And also, I agree with what Becky said, going to the doctor's/getting pills isn't admitting defeat, it's seeing that you have a problem and trying to sort it out, which is the opposite :yes:
  • Options
    Sorry admitting defeat was possibly the wrong phrase to use. Its hard to explain but i know if i took them id be leaning on them for support and id rather work through this without them, cos id know im taking them cos im down and that'd make me feel worse, i just have ups and downs and well girls calling me a freak at times dont help.

Talking to someone i doubt would solve my problems either, because its other people who get me down with their moaning at me or telling me whats wrong with me etc. But thats just the way humans are, humans dont like success of other people :D

I'll find a way to get people to change their thoughts about me and be a bit happier for me, not being so nice would be a good start as i let people say what they like without telling them not to, cos im scared they wont talk to me, well now i dont care and im gona say what i think...at times, not all the time though.
  • Options
    :confused: Sorry, I really don't see it, and neither do the people who have commented before me.

I think I see it, she was trying to make a point that white people can't speak like that BUT black Jamaican people apparently do. Stupid comment to make really, skin colour doesn't define the way you speak.

Lynx, get confident in yourself, see a councillor, get away from it all, get new friends :) do what everyone before me and said, to make yourself better you need to change the situation around you.
  • Options
    When i was put on anti-depressants, the doctor gave me some good advice, because i, like you, was unhappy about the idea of using pills as a 'crutch'. She said to me, 'look. If you have a headache, you'll take paracetamol, right? Now, the painkiller doesn't deal with the source of the pain, but it does take it away so that you can concentrate on getting better. Think of anti-depressants like that, you're not dealing with what's making you depressed but it will help you deal with the cause better as it's not affecting you so much.' I was on them for 7 months, and they really *do* help. And you don't know that the doctor is going to put you on anti-depressants, they might refer you for counselling or something. If you're at school or uni (sorry, haven't checked), a lot of schools and practically every university has an on site counsellor.