Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

tattoo

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
well i cant wait till the hols but i no its a bit away but im gettin a tattoo done on ma holida in bulgaria but all my friends are putting me off it but i do want it done:naughty:

Comments

• Options
    at the risk of sounding like your mum, they have that 18 law for tattoos for a reason.

your skin doesn't stop growing and changing til you're at least 18.

my brother's girlfriend had a tattoo done when she was 16, and now (she's 23 now) it's all distorted and faded from the changes in her skin as she was growing up. doesn't look nice.

also the things you think are cool now won't still be cool in about 10 years. another reason why my bro's girl regrets that tattoo (a dolphin).

so yeah, i totally agree with your friends.

and also, i don't know much about the tattoo hygeine laws in bulgaria, but i'm betting they're not as stricts as the UK laws. so you might find yourself with a nasty side effect.
  • Options
    As kaffrin pointed out, if you have a tattoo when your skin hasn't finished growing there's a good chance it'll look like a bowel of snot in a few years time.

Everyone loves them when they're young. I can't be arsed telling you not to get one because you'll regret it because it wont make any difference.
  • Options
    :no:
  • Options
    what was actually the point in your post?
  • Options
    You little rebel you, you're so hard and mature and grown-up because you're goign to get a tat and a piercing, you're just going to be so different once you've had it done. Everyone will look at you and think "wow, there goes one really rebellious girl", and everyone will love you.

Or something.
  • Options
    Hi,

Everything the others have already put is right, if you wait until you have stopped growing etc and you still want a tat then go for it, but if I was you I would go to somewhere in the UK, just for peace of mind if nothing else. But of course, in the end it is up to you.

:)
  • Options
    if you want to get one done, then please get it done in Britain even if it means you have to wait an extra year or whatever. You really cant be sure what the hygiene laws will be like in bulgaria, if they reuse the tattoo needle you could catch HIV. Its really not worth the risk. wait till youre 16 and get it done at a reputable tattooists in this country.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    You little rebel you, you're so hard and mature and grown-up because you're goign to get a tat and a piercing, you're just going to be so different once you've had it done. Everyone will look at you and think "wow, there goes one really rebellious girl", and everyone will love you.

Or something.

your so wholesome, really than man who can do no wrong!
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    if you want to get one done, then please get it done in Britain even if it means you have to wait an extra year or whatever. You really cant be sure what the hygiene laws will be like in bulgaria, if they reuse the tattoo needle you could catch HIV. Its really not worth the risk. wait till youre 16 and get it done at a reputable tattooists in this country.

:yes: . totally agree with that.
  • Options
    Originally posted by wee wuman
    your so wholesome, really than man who can do no wrong!

Oh come on, she's 15 for Christ's sake. She's only doing it to piss her parents off.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    if they reuse the tattoo needle you could catch HIV.

it's not just HIV you can catch from used needles, you can get hepatitis, tetanus, all sorts of serious illnesses.... not really advisable.

anyone wanting a tattoo should definitely get it done in a reputable UK place. but the problem with that is that you have to be 18 +. and for good reason.

i waited til i was 20 before i got mine done, and i'm glad i did, cause i had years to think about exactly what i wanted, and now i don't regret it one bit.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit

Or something.
    ...Just what I was thinking.

From the sounds of your post you're not actually asking for any advice, just reactions.

If you want to have it done, then go for it, but from the sounds of it you'll end up either regretting it, getting seriously ill, or both.