Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Sorry...

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited March 27 in Work & Study
...to rub it in people's faces if they are still waiting to hear from Uni's but I logged onto track last night and found that my 4 conditional offers had increased to 6!! I rule!! :hyper: </big-headedness>
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Congrats :D
  • Options
    Well done... I remember I had to wait 6 and a half months before I got all 6 replies!

Manchester came within two weeks; Leeds took from the beginning of October to mid-April!
  • Options
    Awesome. :) Which unis?
  • Options
    Well my application was processed on 28th November, I'm surprised they all cam back to me this quickly. Unis were Leicester, Nottingham Trent, Oxford Brookes, Portsmouth, Reading and Sheffield Hallam. Hark at me with all the ex-polytechnics there. Oh well, I'm probably off to either Leicester or Reading anyway.
  • Options
    Notts Trent is supposed to be quite good, and Oxford Brookes has a fantastic reputation as an up-and-coming uni, plus you get to put "Oxford" on your CV.

But of course, I'd never actually admit that. Merely passing on what I've heard. *snob*

:)
  • Options
    Well done! :D
  • Options
    My application was only processed on january6th, so no offers for me yet :no: :crying:
  • Options
    go to portsmouth, the nightlife for students is amazing and the campus is huuge!

ooh and well done!
  • Options
    Congrats hunni. its a good feeling to get all your offers back :D you now just gotta get the grades you need to get in.... :p lol
  • Options
    Originally posted by Turtle
    Oxford Brookes has a fantastic reputation as an up-and-coming uni, plus you get to put "Oxford" on your CV.

But of course, I'd never actually admit that. Merely passing on what I've heard. *snob*

Hehe! Brookes is a pretty great place as far as i'm concerned. Been here for 3 yrs so i should know! And portsmouths not bad either as thats where i'm going to do my post grad stuff.
    Not a bad list u've got there!
  • Options
    I'm still wating for Southampton. Damn them. Don't really want to go there, but still...
  • Options
    3 conditional offers off sheffield hallam :D
  • Options
    I have 5 out of 6 offers! My top choice Exeter wants BBB. Im still waiting for lancaster my 2nd choice. My offers range from ABB-BBC. they are Aberyswyth, Leicester, Sheffield and Swansea.
  • Options
    I only applied for five unis for some bizarre reason! :eek2:

I got all my offers back before christmas though which was good and my initial top choice, Edinburgh, wanted BBB which was even better!

I'd stuck down Durham as a "filler choice" but then got an offer (ABB) and was told how much prestige the place was meant to have. I went over last week to check it out and its Anthropology dept. looks really good and the city itself is cool so I'll probably make that my first choice and Edinburgh my insurance.
  • Options
    Originally posted by lucifer devil
    3 conditional offers off sheffield hallam :D

pah, they want maths GCSE at C or above.

I've done it 4 times, highest I've got is a D.

:mad:
  • Options
    Oh yes have all my offers now:p

Top choice Exeter wants BBB not including general studies
    Insurance choice Lancaster wants BCC which can include general studies if i mess up an exam

Oh yes
  • Options
    Got a conditional offer off Lincoln, they only want 220 points and don't want maths GCSE at C or above.

However, that's to do criminology with social policy when I'd prefer to do it with sociology. Hmm :rolleyes:
  • Options
    I have 5 at the moment - waiting on Birmingham. My top choice will probably be Sheffield, and Warwick my insurance. I need BBB or ABC which is essentially the same thing, so i'll just hope to get those!
  • Options
    Notts Trent is supposed to be quite good, and Oxford Brookes has a fantastic reputation as an up-and-coming uni, plus you get to put "Oxford" on your CV.

Do you not have to put Oxford Brookes down then? :confused: Im confused.
  • Options
    Originally posted by MoonShiner
    Do you not have to put Oxford Brookes down then? :confused: Im confused.

Well, yes, obviously, but you've still got *Oxford* on your CV. You make that in nice big letters, and the Brookes part in infintisemly small letters, and you can be deceptive.

:yeees: I wasn't really being serious.
  • Options
    Right, I've got a conditional offer off Staffordshire Uni to do crime, deviance, society and sociology. It's like...just the right combination of subjects. Thing is, I went to look around but wasn't very impressed. I didn't go on a Campus Tour, but I was just really not impressed. Plus it's about 2-3 hours drive away.

Not sure why I'm posting this, but umm...:mad:
  • Options
    Well, yes, obviously, but you've still got *Oxford* on your CV. You make that in nice big letters, and the Brookes part in infintisemly small letters, and you can be deceptive.

:yeees: I wasn't really being serious.

Please excuse the stupidity there. It's just I know a couple of people who have studied at Brookes, then taken their modules at Oxford University-therefore technically got an Oxford degree, not a Brookes one. Which is always worth considering :chin:
  • Options
    I've got offers from everywhere from the universities in the post, but Southampton's still hasn't come up on the website. At least I've got them all I suppose, but the time delay in getting it official is so annoying!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Lilangel
    I've got offers from everywhere from the universities in the post, but Southampton's still hasn't come up on the website. At least I've got them all I suppose, but the time delay in getting it official is so annoying!

Yeh, I thought I'd apply for as many as I could so I applied for 6.

I applied for SHU 3 times, and I've got 5 offers out of 6. The annoying thing is, I'm waiting for Hull to reply and I don't even want to go there. I just wanted to fill the space. You see I knew that if no where else wanted me, Hull would have me.
  • Options
    I got my last offer on Thu! Wooo! Just sharing...
  • Options
    Originally posted by MoonShiner
    Please excuse the stupidity there. It's just I know a couple of people who have studied at Brookes, then taken their modules at Oxford University-therefore technically got an Oxford degree, not a Brookes one. Which is always worth considering :chin:

Nah, still a Brookes degree. Gotta appeal to the lowest common denominator and all that. ;)