Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Covering Letters

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
can someone please give me a rough overview of a covering letter? i had one on my mums computer but cuz its an apple mac it wont read on this one so i need to start from scratch

cheers xx

Comments

• Options
    Well this is the one that I put with my CV in the summer and it got me the job I have now! (for an insurance broker)

"Dear Sir,

Please accept this letter as my application for the position of Clerical Assistant, as advertised by your company in the <local paper> on Thursday, July 3, 2003.

I have enclosed my CV for your consideration. In particular, I would draw your attention to the following skills which I believe to be of relevance :-
     Experience of a range of office duties
     Good information technology and keyboard skills
     Excellent communication and customer care skills
     Ability to work on own initiative and equally well as part of a team
     Excellent organisational and time management skills.

I am available for interview at any time, and enclose a stamped self-addressed envelope for your convenience.

Yours faithfully,

<my name>"

This letter is different to ones I sent in the past - the typical "way you're taught at school" which obviously weren't working, as I never got an interview... I learnt to write letters in this format on a "Receptionist & Telephonist Skills" course :) Let me know if you need any more help :)
  • Options
    thank you very much :D
  • Options
    Better late than never...

covering letters, TheSite factsheet
  • Options
    well ive still not got my lasy ass into gear to doing it so thank you susie too!! xxx