Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Legality

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've done a quick search but haven't come up with much concrete information really, so could someone give me the legal status of these research chemicals within the UK?
  • 2C-I, 2C-E, basically the whole of the 2C- family minus 2C-B which I know is Class A
  • 5-MeO-AMT and AMT
  • 5-MeO-DET
  • 5-MeO-DiPT
  • DPT
  • TFMPP

I'm aware that 5-MeO-AMT and AMT have been controlled in the USA, and are now schedule 1 but I couldn't find anything about their legality within the UK. Can anyone shed some light on the matter? :)

Comments

• Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    All drugs in the 2C family are Class A under the 1971 Misuse of Drugs Acts which means they are illegal to produce, supply or possess in any form. Maximum penalty for possession is seven years in jail.

from our drugs information page :D

Working on the rest.....
  • Options
    I am virtualy certain that AMT is Class A, I'm not sure about 5-meo-amt though. However I havent heard good things about the 5-meo version of that drug, it is supposed to be very harsh on the body and isnt as good as AMT. Which I have tried and found to be next to useless.

I am also fairly certain that 5-meo-dipt is Class A, but again its not really any loss, so called "foxy" is far from it, its crap.

I havent heard anything about 5-meo-det, I have heard good things about 4-ho-det though.

DPT; I have heard good things about this one but I havent tried it, its also Class A I think.

EVERYTHING in PIHKAL is Class A, but to my understanding not everything in TIHKAL is. So I would suspect that IF any of them are legal then the last one might be.
  • Options
    I thought 2C-I was legal for research use.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun
    I thought 2C-I was legal for research use.

I'd imagine you'd need to show a document or at least some form of proof for them to believe you.

Knowing you lot, if you tried to make out you were 'researching' they'd laugh in your face and throw away the key.

I wonder if you could blag you were researching into expanding your mind? :chin:
  • Options

Bloody hell Blagsta, I looked for that everywhere on Erowid!!
  • Options
    As far as I am aware there are no such things as 'research chemicals' in the UK. I thought that was only brought about by the wierd way in which drugs get banned within the US.

Things here I think are either covered by the law or not, and 2-Ci definately is.
  • Options
    Maybe they aren't in the uk but there's the internet.
  • Options
    Fair point. They are available, because, well everything is for sale on the net if you look hard enough.

But, you have to order by credit card and them sending it to you could well be construed as 'importation of a Class A drug' a very serious offence which I'm pretty sure has a minimum sentance.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    Fair point. They are available, because, well everything is for sale on the net if you look hard enough.

But, you have to order by credit card and them sending it to you could well be construed as 'importation of a Class A drug' a very serious offence which I'm pretty sure has a minimum sentance.

Its not like you can sneak it in anonymously, they would have all your details! The minimum sentence for importation of class A's is six months AND a £5000 fine.
  • Options
    I'm not sure how it would be played though to be honest, because it is not you that is importing the drug, as such. I'm sure that they would be able to do you for 'conspiring to import' but whether they could get the importation charge to stick is another matter.

Surely it would be the person who sent it that would be the one trafficing.

However I certainly wouldnt want to argue this infront of a jury.