Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Hairloss from stress.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Speaking out of curiousity, when you lose hair from stress does it ever grow back once you're de-stressed?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    urm, well when I was 12 I lost my eyebrows and eyelashes due to alopecia (spelling?) due to stress...........and I'm happy to report that everything is now normal...so yes, in my experience the hair does grow back, and quite quickly too, once ur de-stressed!
    Thanks.

It's something that I really don't understand. Some people go bald, this one guy I knew had this 5p sized grey patch come out of nowhere in his hair from stress. I stopped seeing him to know if it ever went back to normal so I was just abit curious.
    Yes, it does grow back.
    I work with a girl who suffered hair loss (alopecia) when she went to college in her teens. She was telling me about her hair falling out in clumps because of the stress, and how the stress made her ill. However, once she was away from the stress, it soon started to grow back.

Mr_Wobble ;)
    I went a bit grey when I was about 15 because of stress, it freaked me out quite badly, but when people stopped mentioning it I began to forget about it and then it changed colour again.
    also, if u hit ur head hard or something in an accident ur hair can turn grey in the area where u got hurt as a result...theres loadsa people with grey patches.......graham norton for one!