Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

whats the craziest trip you've ever been on?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
The subject kinda sums it up. and what alcohol/drug was it?

this wasnt me but it was my friend that smoked a lot blueberry chronic one night. she ended up crying in the closet because she said the nutcracker mice were after her. it was mad crazy and kind of freaky. :crazyeyes

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Ketamine:

Started floating above the room I was in, and I could see everyone (including myself) as if I was looking down from the ceiling. I then went a bit higher, and I was looking down on the house from just above it. A little higher and I was floating over southampton, then over the UK. Finally I was in space, looking down at earth, when God came over gave me a beer and we had a conversation about how baked beans grow with tomato sauce over them... :p

This is why i would like to try acid, ive my brain can come up with this shit on ketamine, god knows what LSD would do!!! :D
    Dont expect a trip like that from acid, its not really like that most of the time, its not very visual in the same way that ketamine is. In fact it is a very different drug altogether.

You need to do a massive amount before you would have a visual experience of that level on LSD. Acid is a mental drug, it takes you mind places and gives you thoughts that you probably wouldnt have had before, in my experiance its not that visual.

Personally I've not really had the classic I met god type of experience. In fact the strongest trips I've had are next to impossible to describe because they were with 5-meo-dmt. The best way to talk about them is just their intensity, they are intense and humbling.

I think my strongest trip to date was on about 3-3.5g of dried mushies and then several hits of 5-meo-dmt. That was pretty out of this world. My mind didnt seem to come down from the experience for about 3 days afterwards, I felt spaced, slightly distanced from everything but yet at the same time very calm.

My mrs is the one in our house who has the sterotypical trips that can be described. When I first knew her and we werent going out she got some ket from a mate of mine, about 1/3rd of a gram. I knew it was pure and it was pretty much her first time so I told her to snort about 1/2 of it. She cained the whole lot in one go and ended up wandering around a giant body that was god with me, looking for our place.
    unlike bong i used to have amazing visuals on acid. the trees in the street hanging with golden fruit ...real gold with hallmarks on ...to much to mention.
    the farthest out both mentaly and visualy that i ever went was on something called STP. it came into the uk in pete townsends guitar case (the who)
    it was said that it was from a military research lab ...chemical warfare stuff. it was to powerfull. did it half a dozen times and it's this stuff that stopped me from doing trips at all. far to powerfull.
    STP is actually DOB, or is it DOM, I cant remember, DOB I think.

A friend of mine had DOM recently and thought it was really good.

As for it being a military research chemical, I'm not so convinced of that. I am relatively certain that it was discovered by the Great Shulgin when he was playing around.

Rolly, did you get it in pill form?
    Once again my [insert clever word for newness here, like novicity, if it existed] to the drug world shows. DOB? DOM? 5-meo-dmt, and the other meo/dmt variants.... god, i hate to say it, but sometimes i think im a commercial drug user. :s
    Originally posted by Eul Grepus
    Once again my [insert clever word for newness here, like novicity, if it existed] to the drug world shows. DOB? DOM? 5-meo-dmt, and the other meo/dmt variants.... god, i hate to say it, but sometimes i think im a commercial drug user. :s

Bless. :p

Basically, DOM and DOB are considered really heavy trips. They both have extremely tiny doses. Anything over 2.5mg of DOB is considered a heavy dose so you need to be extremely careful when measuring your dose out, why so many people report of it being so strong. Long lasting too, anything upto 24 hours.

And STP is DOM, which has a dose of about 2 - 10mg, so it's still very easy to go way over the top without realising.

5-MeO-DMT is a stronger variation (in terms of dose anyway) of DMT, which is a natural neurotransmitter (chemical already present in the brain). Normally smoked, very quick come up and all over in not much more than 5-10 minutes. Dose on that is tiny as well, 2-15mg smoked.

Apparently, the whole 5-MeO... thing is because there is a ...methoxy group on the 5 position... (I never did get to grips with science)

Erowid is your best source for information on drugs in general - their information database is probably the biggest on the net (well, lycaeum might be bigger I dunno really).

And as far as crazy trips are concerned, datura. Definitely datura. :crazyeyes
    when i used to do solvents i had a vison that one of the mr men where after me and had big teeth quite scary but funny at the same time i belived this thing was after me and it was bright purple!
    I have just checked, z0ma, your right DOM is STP, and Shulgin did make it first in late November 1963.

DOM first arrived on the street as STP in 1967 in pill form and caused serious problems because it was released in 20mg pills!!! There was a few people who freaked out seriously and the next batch of pills out on the street were 10mg, still a massive dose.
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    I have just checked, z0ma, your right DOM is STP, and Shulgin did make it first in late November 1963.

DOM first arrived on the street as STP in 1967 in pill form and caused serious problems because it was released in 20mg pills!!! There was a few people who freaked out seriously and the next batch of pills out on the street were 10mg, still a massive dose.
    yes in pills. i was seriously out of it for nearly 24hrs.
    the hallucinations and feelings were extreme. i would think ...i could do with a piss and instantly i was having a piss miles away in the bog in my house ...whatever place came to mind i was there instantly ...got very freaky ...what had happened in between? big claw visible under my skin tearing at vital bits. the sun hanging on a rope that was smouldering slowly away. wandered into a park and potatoes were playing bowls and speaking in potatoe language. a very hot summers day and my trousers were flapping about 8 feet behind me for hours ...a gang of us buying ice cream at a van...not to eat but to look at and feel! the guy in the van was scared shitless. lying on the grass and all of us seeing and feeling the plants growing through ourselves and each other. the whole nation of manchester turning into red indians for around 10hrs ...full headfeathers and fringed pants ...even the cops ...reality became a very distant thing and at some points a place we knew we could never get back to.
    so what is this dom?
    You quite probably took the second batch of pills then, 20mg is almost certain to lead to freeking out and it getting nasty.

Its still not surprising that you had a strong trip, you were taking about twice the recomended dose!
    You quite probably took the second batch of pills then, 20mg is almost certain to lead to freeking out and it getting nasty.

Its still not surprising that you had a strong trip, you were taking about twice the recomended dose!
    i never did get to find out what stp was ...your now telling me it was DOM ...please enlighten me to what this stuff is bong. i would be realy interested in any info you have ...after all these years it would be nice to know what the hell the storm was that blew through my soul ...1/2 a dozen times and ruined my love of acid.
    the strongest psycadelic i ever took after that wash mushies. i'm still open to mushies ...quite like them ...in fact had some at a party last year and thoroughly enjoyed them.
    tell me bong ...about this dom.
    Just for you, roll.

Not much information on it really as erowid goes, read the PiHKAL entry on it for detail explanations on what it is and how certain doses affect you..
    Originally posted by z0ma
    Just for you, roll.

Not much information on it really as erowid goes, read the PiHKAL entry on it for detail explanations on what it is and how certain doses affect you..
    cheers zoma ...very surprised to find that it's yet another variety of amphetamine!
    Eating cannabis or eating truffles, i wouldn't call mdma a trip as such.

Datura, its interesting, don't know why..just to see how crazy it can actually get,not now or anytime soon, in later years.
    Originally posted by Shogun
    Eating cannabis or eating truffles, i wouldn't call mdma a trip as such.

Datura, its interesting, don't know why..just to see how crazy it can actually get,not now or anytime soon, in later years.

You're one of a rare few son. There's very few people I know who're actually senseless enough to try it. :p

A piece of advice: don't! Or if you've got your mind set on it, make sure you've got a sober (I can't stress this enough) sitter with you - you cannot even begin to imagine the fucked up scenarios you get yourself into! :p

Granted you'll look back and think 'what the fuck was I thinking?' and have a laugh about it, but at the time it's just near on 3 days of pure confusion and delerium. I couldn't read properly for about a week and a half. :crazyeyes
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    yes in pills. i was seriously out of it for nearly 24hrs.
    the hallucinations and feelings were extreme. i would think ...i could do with a piss and instantly i was having a piss miles away in the bog in my house ...whatever place came to mind i was there instantly ...got very freaky ...what had happened in between? big claw visible under my skin tearing at vital bits. the sun hanging on a rope that was smouldering slowly away. wandered into a park and potatoes were playing bowls and speaking in potatoe language. a very hot summers day and my trousers were flapping about 8 feet behind me for hours ...a gang of us buying ice cream at a van...not to eat but to look at and feel! the guy in the van was scared shitless. lying on the grass and all of us seeing and feeling the plants growing through ourselves and each other. the whole nation of manchester turning into red indians for around 10hrs ...full headfeathers and fringed pants ...even the cops ...reality became a very distant thing and at some points a place we knew we could never get back to.
    so what is this dom?

Are you concious for these hallucinations? Or is it like ketamine where you fall into a hole and stay there?? :p I sometimes miss that stuff, but the sight of 2 mates of mine rocking in a corner repeating "i dont wanna die, i dont wanna die" over and over put me off it for ever.
    Ketamine is quite different because it is a disassociative, and it is also an anthesetic, so unlike virtualy all other trips it knocks you out at the same time. It was used and is still used in surgury because of this effect, it knocks you out but has very little effect on the heart and breathing rate.
    z0ma; do you have a copy of PIHKAL, I presume Rolly you havent, I will type out the section in it about DOM if you want and post it up on here. Give me a few days to do it though.
    z0ma; do you have a copy of PIHKAL, I presume Rolly you havent, I will type out the section in it about DOM if you want and post it up on here. Give me a few days to do it though.

I haven't unfortunately - will look into buying both TiKHAL and PiKHAL in the future (at a time when I'm not searching the back of the sofa for mere pennies).

However, on erowid they have the synthesis and effects straight from PiKHAL/TiKHAL in the phens/tryps sections. I'm not sure if this writing is the full section given in the book for that said chemical obviously though.

DOM entry from PiKHAL
    I have both, they are highly interesting reads actually. My In-laws got me an Amazon voucher for Christmas last year I think it was and I bought both of them with it! I'm not sure they would have approved.

They are far from being just the chemistry, there is large sections of both talking about how Mr and Mrs Shulgin got together, bits of their life and other interesting stuff.

The section about DOM isnt in the chemistry section, its under a seperate heading, I will transcribe it and post it in a couple of days.
    Are you concious for these hallucinations?
    very very aware! you can go to the pub, tesco etc and see amazing things going on. you don't stagger or fall about. it can get very confusing buying stuff though. i remember going in the butchers and staring at the human ears and fingers on display and giggling cos at that point i knew they couldn't possibly be what my eyes were telling me. they were pork chops and strips of belly pork. you walk down the street and everyone is dressed in victorian clothes or as i said earlier ...red indians!
    the trouble with the ears and fingers ...it can easily get to a point where you believe what you are seeing and start to panick. when satan himself starts asking you questions about your sex life and theres blood dripping down the walls and peoples faces but it's realy the checkout girl but you can't get that bit of information confirmed in your head ... it's time to get the hell out of there! that's why you should always have a minder on hand ...to talk you back round and stuff.
    That's exactly what I want. A mate told me his acid trip was like that, walls melting, a mate of his turned into garfield, then couldnt get out the kitchen coz the lino floor had turn to water. Thats the only experience i think i have left to try, that i want to try that is.
    That's exactly what I want. A mate told me his acid trip was like that, walls melting, a mate of his turned into garfield, then couldnt get out the kitchen coz the lino floor had turn to water. Thats the only experience i think i have left to try, that i want to try that is.
    it's amazing stuff for sure ...do have a minder and a safe environment.
    Yeah, but everyone wants that and most people cant handle it, you have to have a strong hold on yourself to do it without it going sideways.

As I have said before, if you are looking for strong visuals then I think acid isnt the stuff for you, either mushies or DMT are the thing.

DOM really isnt on the market anymore, as I said a mate of mine tried it recently but that was a very freak thing.
    i had DMT many moons ago and it freaked me! not pleasant at all. i agree with bong about the mushies. they are a good patform to practice tripping from. i can get quite visual on mushrooms ...eating around a hundred. very good practice to see if you can handle big trips.
    Originally posted by z0ma
    You're one of a rare few son. There's very few people I know who're actually senseless enough to try it. :p

A piece of advice: don't! Or if you've got your mind set on it, make sure you've got a sober (I can't stress this enough) sitter with you - you cannot even begin to imagine the fucked up scenarios you get yourself into! :p

Granted you'll look back and think 'what the fuck was I thinking?' and have a laugh about it, but at the time it's just near on 3 days of pure confusion and delerium. I couldn't read properly for about a week and a half. :crazyeyes

Well i don't really have my mind set on it, i was just thinking like in many years out in some field in the countryside taking datura going nuts, acid this summer maybe.

How many seeds did you eat z0ma?
    Well, if you do acid in the summer, enjoy it! :)

And we did 50 seeds to start off with, but I have very vague recollections of counting out more seeds on my mates' bed so it could be anywhere from about 70-100.

But it's near impossible to dose, my mate (who's the same size and build as me) was in hospital after taking 60 so it's very risky business.
    Rolly; I find that interesting, I've found DMT to be the most pleasurable trip I've ever done. I know what you mean though, it is quite intense, I think its because there is such a quick rush with it too. Certainly not for the faint hearted.

Shogun; Really, I wouldnt use acid yet, there is something quite different about it, just stick to mushies for now. Most people I know prefer them anyway. And I certainly wouldnt use Datura, it sounds quite funny but its supposed to be terrifying.
    Rolly; I find that interesting, I've found DMT to be the most pleasurable trip I've ever done.
    strange aye. the thing is i used to be all up for intense but that stuff was seriously seriously fucking grim for my head ...goes to show ...one mans poison ...
    also shows how difficult the debate about legalisation or changing
    a drugs status by reclasification can be.
    I once got stoned on skunk and a bowl of beans talked to me.