Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

owch

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi Dont know if this is really anything to be worried about but here it goes.

I needed the morning after pill on monday (i know stupid me) so i took the first one at 12pm had a couple of drinks but not a major sesh or anythin before takin the second one at 12am. then woke up about an hour later with awful stomach pains (like when uv bin being sick and you get stomach cramps) and felt sick but wasnt actually sick. I also got an awful rash on my arms that was like white raised bumps atfirst that went red and really painfull. Ive woke up this morning (wednesday) the rash is still there as are the stomach pains but not as bad but my arms from my elbows to my wrists are aching really bad if i put my arms down below sholder level.

Im really worried about what the arm pains could be as its hurting so much to type now and i cant really do my uni work or anything. Any suggestions about the stomach pains would also be helpfull

Not sure if its relevent but have also had the Morning after pill once this month but thats not the issue i know i was stupid but im going on the pill now cos the condoms keep popping.

I cant really go back to the doctors as i seem to have lived there for the last couple of months and feel like a right hypocondriac

Im sure i'l have missed somthing relevant out so i'l put it in later if needed. thanx for reading and any help you can be

:D

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You should really seek some professional help if the rash persists. If you don't want to go back to your doctor, try calling NHS Direst who will give you sound advice over the phone:

NHS Direct
    Advice and information on all health-related issues.
    Telephone: 0845 46 47

:)
    I know this is obvious but have you looked in the leaflet which comes with the pills, for possible side effects? It might help explain this. I think any sort of painful unexpected side effects like this should be taken seriously; even if the doctors do think you're a hypochondriac it's worth the peace of mind rather than suffering in silence!
    on the nhs direct website they have a good flow chart thing where awnser yes or no to questions and they'll give advice (look after it yourself with first aid, call nhs direct, call the doc etc)