Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Dangerous pills, please read.

I dont know if you have heard about this but there is apparently a 'rogue' batch of pills going around that have put quite a few in A&E.

The police have released no details on what could be in these pills but one can safely assume it isnt that nice. I cant say it surprises me, the over riding factor in pills these days is their cost, no-one seems to give a toss about purity or qaulity, its just how fucked you can get for your quid.

Heres the story;

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/north_east/3407499.stm

The most depressing thing about it though is one of the kids injured was 13!! I mean, for fucks sake. Kids that young should never ever be doing hard drugs. In fact I think 13 is a bit young to be doing anything really.

The pills are suposed to have the logo of a bottle.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    No suprise here,theres an enormous amount of pills going about,some are going to be bad,naturally.
    Police officers said the potentially-lethal tablets were round and white with a bottle used as a logo.

A bottle as a logo, i tried white pills with a bottle logo on them a few months back, i know that a logo dosen't mean anything though for the contents of the pill.

Just goes to show that people should test, even though i don't and probably won't for a while yet.
  • Options
    Very sad, 13, already doing pills, what's that kid going to be on at 18? 25? :( Upsetting, but still, each to their own, I'm no angel, and no-one to judge.
    Still, not seen any of these "bottle" pills, but then again, i havent had any in months and months, as you can only get these "fish" logo pills in Gibraltar at the moment, and they are bloody shit, very dirty, leave you fucked up and feeling low for a few days after you drop, eurgh!
  • Options
    TEST TEST TEST. As I've been bloody saying for ages. That bastard Talk to Frank should have lots on testing pills, but they have NONE.

Things like this dont need to happen, to anyone! Let alone a bloody 13-year-old.
  • Options
    There were a few 'bottle' pills going around here a while back, they were called Holstens apparently (geddit?).

Never got the chance to try one but everyon I talked to said they were alright, but obviously as everyone knows the brand means fuck all.

And I agree with the 13 year old comment, I know a couple of people who started doing pills at 13 and they're total fuck heads now - one of them's on crack! I started doing pills at 15 and looking back that is still far too young, I wish I'd have waited, I would've definitely appreciated it more.

It does, around here anyway, seem very fashionable for young teens to go for a night out on pills as a pose to vodka down the park, which is quite worrying..
  • Options
    Its cheaper isnt it, I mean I used to drink about 1/3rd of a bottle of vodka for a night out when I was a teen, a bottle costs say a tenner. So you could get three pills for that, and obviously drug dealers dont ID you that often.
  • Options
  • Options
    pillreports may give you details about pills but you have no guarntee that you will get that same pill on pillreports.

If you want to be safe then just test your pills.
  • Options
    So how exactly do you go about testing pills?

I've only heard vague references to it when people talk about Amsterdam because clubs there were offering to test pills for people or something like that.
  • Options
    I heard about that.. but the way i see it the people taking those rouge pills were all between the age of 11 and 13 so i have hesitations about the hype, i just think with theyre knowledge, experience and body mass they were in over their heads... not necessarily rogue pills.

Apparantly those pills were coca colas, and generally in my area at least those coca colas have tended to be reasonably strong pills, twice as strong as smilies, but of course the whole dont pay attention to the branding thing... :) so im not saying this is all a definate fact its just the way it has worked in my area.
  • Options
    Testing is very easy really. You get the e-z testing kit which is two small bottles, you then scrape a small bit of your pill off and drip one drip on it. It will change colour and you know what the main ingredient is. However small amounts of other active chemicals will go un-noticed.

Or you could get whats called 'Chromo Plates' these are much harder but will tell you all the chemicals that are in the pill. These are very accurate and safe. However they will not tell you the amount of chemicals in each pill.

Then the best option is lab testing, but thats hard to get.