Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Something different about alcohol.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I often have a drink with my mates etc and never had any problems but lately it seems that whenever I drink no matter how little, I get sickness feelings later on. Not long ago I needed to be completely headfucked before the sickness feelings came and it usually did come with actual sickness. This is just sickness feelings. This has happened the last few times and I hate feeling sick hence I can't enjoy my drink knowing how I will react later in the night.

It's abit of a long shot but does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: Something different about alcohol.
    Originally posted by Capacity

It's abit of a long shot but does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks. [/B]

Have you started drinking something different ?
    I know im funny with drink and certain things make me feel sick or actually be sick.

Dont mix drinks with blackcurrant because thats one of the things that makes some people get that sickly feeling.
    I get this and im at uni, your body starts to reject even a small amount of drink. Try and cut down, alcahole (sp) will enhance any mood you have so try and drink less often and on "special occasions" like Friday night............:D

Bopz
    Originally posted by Bopperz
    im at uni, , alcahole (sp)
    Bopz

You're at uni and you cant spell alcohol?!

:eek2: :D

Anyway, Capacity, alcohol is a bastard. Ruined my life. If it makes you feel so shit, just stop. But if you dont want to, have you tried alternating each alcoholic drink with a soft one. It will keep you hydrated, and dehydration is the major hangover cause. IMO, the more you worry, the more you think you're gonna feel sick. Maybe some of it is psychological? Good luck. xxx
    the only time i feel sick early on is when i drink alcopops coz theyre all gassy.
    what do u drink and how often?
    I get all that sicky feeling just after 2 alcopops, but then again i do have a medical condition and alcohol is fatal to my organs so thats my excuse :p

Anyway, my recommendation is that you should just try to cut down drinking and save it for special occasions, its not absolutely nessecary to drink is it? Ok you may feel a little left out but you get used to it.

Looks like this is a common thing with some people though so its nothing to worry or be embaressed about. Just be greatful you havent got what i have got :(

Happy drinking :D
    Thanks for the replies. I haven't started drinking anything different. I think I could stop no problem but I always feel like having a drink when everyone else is. I only drink on weekends as a general rule, I hate the taste of lager so it makes me feel sick anyway, and I like the taste of cider which seems to be making me feel just as bad. Alcopops are alright too, but I just put it down to alcohol more than anything else.

I might cut down abit. Thanks again.
    Originally posted by Capacity

I might cut down abit. Thanks again.

Sometimes just not having that last drink is enough to not get that sickly feeling. I can be fine then have one more, get ouside and im on my back lol, so now I just try to not have as many.

Another thought, you do have a decent meal before you go out ? also try drinking a glass of milk to line your stomach.