Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Telegraph's new owners

You've got to laugh, really. No sooner do the Telegraph practically fold because they are owned by crooks, then the new buyers of the paper emerge.

They are, of course, none other than the Barclay Brothers. It's great to know that nothing really changes. Come back Lord Hollick, all is forgiven?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Lord Hollick? It was Lord Black wasn't it?
  • Options
    I must say I don't know an awful lot about the Barclay brothers.

All I know is that I'm delighted to see the back of Black and his delightful wife.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    I must say I don't know an awful lot about the Barclay brothers.

Think the Krays without the charm.
  • Options
    delightful wife.

Barbara Amiel is great, dont knock her.
  • Options
    If she were any more biased and deluded she'd be the secret child of Ariel Sharon.

Her obsession (and her husband's) with the BBC is the laughing stock of the journalistic world- as explained at length in Private Eye.

Not terribly good columnist either. They only reason she got regular spots at the Telegraph is because her husband made sure of it.
  • Options
    Anyways, very amusing piece in the Guardian today. Apparently new Telegraph owners the Barclay brothers have indicated the Torygraph could support Labour at a future election.

Oh the sight of all those toffs choking on their bacon as they read their loved Telegraph over breakfast! :D
  • Options
    I heard an interesting interview with the Ex-Editor of the Scotsman on PM on Radio Four last night.

He commented that when they owned his paper (do they still?) they only made editorial descisions a couple of times and most of the time were very hands off.

He said the only time they really changed things was to run a story about the possible change in inheritance tax in the Channel Islands, which the editor thought wasnt very big news but they did.
  • Options
    Yes it is rumoured they rarely intervene in the editorial policy of a newspaper.

Which is pretty rare in the business.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    Yes it is rumoured they rarely intervene in the editorial policy of a newspaper.

But when they employ a lapdog like Andrew "Brillo Pad" Neill they dont need to interfere- he does it without even needing to be told.

They make Black look honest.