Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Israel blocks British inquest

Following the shooting of Tom Hurndall, the coroner involved has assigned the job of investigating his death to the Metropolitan Police.

However, in the spirit of co-operation and tolerance that is prevalent in Israel, the Met have been denied access to Israel, and are not allowed into the country to even look at where he was killed.

If the Israelis are so honest and good, what have they got to fear?

Can't find a link, but the story was in Saturday's Torygraph.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Nothing new I'm afraid, and not much of a surprise. The only reason the soldier has been temporarily suspended and charged is because on this occasion the victim was British. But as it has been proven practically every single day for the last 10 years, all an Israeli soldier has to do if he wants to shoot unarmed people is to say they 'looked' dangerous, or that a gunman "might have been hidden behind the crowd", or horrors of horrors, that an 8-year-old child was throwing little rocks at them.

I don't know how many Israeli soldiers since the creation of the kingdom of Israel have been successfully prosecuted for murder/war crimes/torture. My guess is a whole number between 1 and -1. I don't expect this case to wind up any differently.