Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Drinking too much...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i generally drink FAR too much but i went out yesterday to an all day gig from 4:30-10:30 and didnt have any alcohol at all, im very proud of myself :)
anyone else going without at the mo?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    3 weeks and 3 days :yes:
    sick of it completely.
    I haven't gone off it completely but recently I've cut it down drastically. For example, most weekends I'd go to my mate's garage and get drunk but now I drive there and just have the one beer. When I go out properly I try not to do shots and just take my time with the pints. Sometimes I let loose but the last time I did that was New Years.
    I rarely drink that much, last night I had one Bravarian Wheat Beer and one shot of home made raspberry and cranberry Vodka but thats about all I've had in a week.
    I've been banned for a month since New Year :crying:
    From what?
    Drinking i assume, because someone misbehaved and got too drunk and vomited everywhere and anywhere.
    Almost Shogun but didn't vomit :p, least so I'm told anyways:rolleyes: :D
    One of the worst things of drinking, not remembering things.
    The only times I've ever really made an arse of myself I didnt need anyone to ban me from drinking, I didnt want to do it for a while after anyway.

Me at 15 "Julia, your a slag, lets have sex"

Result, Julia "I never want to see you ever again"

Ooops!
    It happens to the best of us bong.

I've had some pretty heavy times on drinking, ending up drinking a carryout before going in a pub thinking im the lad and all, end up getting drunk before going in the pub..whiskey before hand then pints inside..the end result being talking the biggest load of shite and having to get alift home with my head and stomach spinning in the back of the car...being sick then having to get up 4 hours later, hangover.

Alcohol can be one of the most powerful drugs out there, just because its legal dosen't mean anything.

You can OD on alcohol to the point of no return, but cannabis now there's a different story, if you do manage to smoke too much all that happens is inability to move, pale white face, nothing is funny despite what people try to tell you, you just say "fuck off,leave me alone" and let me whitey out in the corner.

Ah :rolleyes:
    But beer tastes sooo nice!

I know what you mean about doing too much though, the margin or error is quite a bit smaller than people realise.

I was made to feel a bit of an outsider when I was a teen because all my 'mates' prefered going down the pub and drinking loads, when most of the time I just fancied sitting outside somewhere nice and smoking a few biftas. Whats nice is they all still live in the shitty vilage where I grew up going to the same crappy pub, I live in London, have a relatively good job and own my own flat! Hahahahahah! So it all works out for the best in the end.
    Seems you done better than them bong, and you being the druggie :p

I know what you mean about sitting outside smoking a few spliffs, you gotta love it, thats what we do, sit outside the pub, have a few spliffs then go in a pub and have a few drinks then a few more spliffs, best of both worlds.

But beer, well i don't really like the taste of beer that much, budwiser can be okay sometimes, but i prefer buckfast outside the pub and then magners inside, can't beat a big pint of magners for £1.50 :D
    I always knew it, your a pikey arent you! Admit it!

I'm not sure whats worse, Bud or that Buckfast stuff. Though having said that I've never had the latter.

Bud?!! Please! It has NO taste at all. It does take a while for you to grow into beer though I found, I couldnt really drink it when I was a teen, I'd always have Vodka or Bells mixed with something.
    So many embarrassing memories of being drunk, proposing to people, starting fights on people who'd actually rip me limb from limb, and throwing up all over my mates house before getting the 10 year old neighbour to clean it up to name a few. :crazyeyes

But yeah I do love my beer. £2.60 for a pint of Stella in a pub near me! :eek: Luckily we found a nice little place Castlemaine XXXX £1.20 a pint (can't really go wrong) and Boddingtons :yuck: £1 a pint.

Can't drink vodka or whisky, purely a lager lout. :p

And if I'm feeling rich I'll splash out and buy a pint of Hoegaarden. Fucking expensive that stuff.
    I love Horgaarden, but personally I'm more a fan of Hoegaardens rarer beers, Grand Cru, Julius (the best beer in the whole world) and Judus.

If you want a good but relatively cheap beer go to Waitrose and get their own brand Bravarian Wheat Beer, its quite similar to Hoegaarden, very light and very drinkable.

(mods, does that could as a source, which we're not allowed to share?)
  • JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Whilst alcohol remains legal, mr budda, you can share Waitrose as a source without fear of mod wrath.....
    HURUH!!! Your back! How was your holiday?

That girls been wistfully looking out the window the whole time you were away, sighing.
    Holiday was lovely thanks :D

Has she? How romantic. Its nice to know someone missed me.......
    Yep all the time, little tears welling up in her little eyes;

"Oh how I wish LadyJade was here to boss me about and edit my posts"

"OHHHH! How I miss her firm yet even handed form of justice"
    Yeah, just call me theSite moderatrix....
    That kind of thing really isnt my bag, but I'm sure you two will have a long and happy relationship.
    i hate boddingtons beer. it's brewed in manchester in the strangeways brewery. i kid you not ...thats what it's called. it is right next door to the jail. if your unfortunate enough to be on one of the wings facing the complex, you can see it coming and going ...every corner of the jail at some point smells of hops and barley. bastards. talk about a cruel and unusual punishment ...
    2 weeks and counting....:D
    I can't stand Boddingtons either morrocan, tastes like warm flat beer mixed with milk. :eek2: