Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

magic mushrooms

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
how dangerous are they?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Physically they are almost harmless, I'm relatively sure you cant OD on them at all, even if you really tried.

However mentaly they could pose a threat, obviously whenever you do a trip you are taking a risk that it will go sideways on you. Then obviously your going to have to pick up the pieces.

Regardless of what anyone tells you mushies are NOT really a mild trip. They can be light, IF you do a light dose, same as with most trips.

If you are going to do mushies for the first time, make sure you know what you are getting, then make sure you do them in enviroment that you feel very safe in and with people that you trust.

For more information consult www.erowid.org
    ive not got any interest in doin them...just my bloke text me last saying he'd just taken loads....dont want him to go killing himself or anything!
    They can really inhance your mood so if your feeling a bit down you can have a really bad trip. There must be something bad about them cos' they are Class A drugs but the only problems iv'e heard of are mental ones...

Bopz
    Originally posted by Bopperz
    There must be something bad about them cos' they are Class A drugs but the only problems iv'e heard of are mental ones...

The relative danger of drugs and their class are not necessarily related.
    The relative danger of drugs and their class are not necessarily related.

So why have the classes? Why else would heroin be above, say prescription painkillers?

Bopz
    A lot of the classification is down to historical accident or politics.
    For instance MDMA is in the same class as crack, cannabis was until very recently in the same class as speed.

Personally I think speed should be class A and ecstasy should be class B.

Well actually, I think all drugs should be legalised, but thats another thread.
    The change hasnt happened yet, so legaly methamphetamine is as dangerous as cannabis.

And dried mushrooms are more dangerous than heroin, because heroin has a legal use.

See any sense here? I thought not.
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    The change hasnt happened yet, so legaly methamphetamine is as dangerous as cannabis.

My mistake. According to Drugscope, its to happen on the 29th Jan.

http://www.drugscope.org.uk/druginfo/drugsearch/ds_results.asp?file=\wip\11\1\1\cannabis.html
    Just don't go wandering into any streams....:D
    if you do psycadelics like mushies or acid you should try doing it with a group of freinds ...some who have had experience ...in the country side.
    you'll understand what pixies and hobbits are all about. you should get a realy good insight into beauty and wonder and awe ...completely different than doing in the city or in a flat.
    the music is incred ible!
    forrests and rivers and sunlight and shadow ...sunsets etc ...try it on a beach.
    trouble is ...this kind of experience often makes people view the city life they have considered normal and desirable for so long to be ...one big open prison. people end up becoming hippies and heading for the hills. not a bad side effect in my opinion.
    Mushies certainly need to be taken out in the open, I used to do them in a park near where I lived with my mrs, that was very enjoyable, seeing all the families running about, people playing football.

It was very enjoyable indeed.
    thanx you guys....you've settled my mind
    People who do too many trips do tend to be a little out of it, a little sideways in the way they think. But thats really only people who really go for it, and even then I'm not sure its the drugs, it may well be just the type of person who likes spending as much time as possible tripping.