Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

being 'high'

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
when i first ever tried a joint i will of been about 12-13 and i can remember the experience of being high, and i did feel high if you know what i mean, ever since though i smoke it once a week or so and i have never been high, i always just get really mellowed and i preffered to be high, im really having trouble trying to put all this into words and im stoned now so it doesnt help.. i just want that old high feeling back

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i dont know about anyone else bt thats exactley why i stopped!

i can remember when i was 13-15 getting REALLY stoned off of a couple of Buckets or waterfalls for ages and being seriously high, rather than just mellow and lethargic.

And all the other stuff just went away as well, didnt get munchies, didnt get the chats, didnt get the giggles.

Nothing to do with the quality of the gear either, really strong skunk just used to make me really paranoid or turn me into an unresponsive vegetable.:eek2:

if it still did those things to me i'd probably still be smoking.

:rolleyes:
    hard luck ...
    thats what im like now munk jus dontget me stonned easilyany more i have to have a heavy smoke to feel monged
    I dunno, maybe it is, maybe it isnt, i used to LOVE our little evenin smoke ups and when i was doing it occasionally i really enjoyed myself.

Then i started smoking everyday and spending all my money on getting stoned and it lost its special flavour!

nothing against the gear, i think it was just my fault for being too greedy :banghead:
    :D
    How long did you smoke everyday for?
    cant remember, for about a year/year and a half.

but then i started doing pills and base and getting MAJOR anxiety so i had to stop.

i cant even toke the stuff anymore.
    Originally posted by Martin_Bashir
    i dont know about anyone else bt thats exactley why i stopped!

i can remember when i was 13-15 getting REALLY stoned off of a couple of Buckets or waterfalls for ages and being seriously high, rather than just mellow and lethargic.

And all the other stuff just went away as well, didnt get munchies, didnt get the chats, didnt get the giggles.

Nothing to do with the quality of the gear either, really strong skunk just used to make me really paranoid or turn me into an unresponsive vegetable.:eek2:

if it still did those things to me i'd probably still be smoking.

:rolleyes:

exactley, although i havent stopped, i still enjoy being monged but i really want that high feeling back...
    Originally posted by badboy4life
    exactley, although i havent stopped, i still enjoy being monged but i really want that high feeling back...

:yes: ditto
    it think you'll find that if you stop trying to get monged and smoke less you might just get high.
    if you live at home with your parents ...pop out to the garden shed and have a little one skinner with only a little bit in. then walk back into the house and see just how 'high' and giggly you feel.
    and forget getting high on soap ...you get a buzz but you can't realy take it any further.
    smoking less realy is the way to getting high. do differnt things than you'd normaly do ...like smoke a little with your mates and then go somewhere very straight ...always a good one.
    smoking loads and being in the company of the same old stoners all the time ....not a chance.
  • Sir_AzraelSir_Azrael Posts: 24 Boards Initiate
    my thoughts

it could be to do with the type of pot ure smokin, i think that they have different effects (solid/grass-ish(skunk)) i think one of them mellows you out, and the other sort of makes you 'high'.

It could also be the way you smoke, for example when i smoke joints i get mote mellowed out than when i smoke pipes, even though the skunk is the same.

try using something you haven't done before, for example get/make a bong, but instead of using water, use mouthwash, this will make a 'menthol bong' which will feel really good in your chest, and will get you really wasted, alternatively try to get hold of some different types, eg. if you mainly smoke skunk, then get some resin, and see how that works.

-Sam
    thanks, i'l give those a shot, not sure about the mouthwash thought lol, i have been smoking all sorts over the last year or so though, everything from the usuall shitty resin up to purple haze, i was expecting a really good effect from purple haze, althought i did get very smashed i didnt get the high. im going out wiv some mates for a smoke tomorrow night before i go out so i'l will give your idea a try mroll.

i'l let u know how it goes...
    Like someone mentioned it could be the type of weed you're getting - cannabis effects don't just disappear with time (sure the munchies and giggles may fade a bit with time) although you could build up a long-term tolerance obviously meaning you need more for the same effect.

Cannabis indica plants are the kind that will mong you out with a head high, whereas cannabis sativa will produce a more euphoric, body high with the giggles etc. There are strains which are 50/50 or 60/40 etc mixes it just depends.

Is the skunk you're getting just from one supplier? It sounds like you're getting indica (I think which is more common) so I'd try another supplier and see what happens.

Good luck! :thumb:
    i never usually stick to the same supplier, over a year or so i have had both weed and resin of various dealers around yorkshire... i tried smoking less and that didnt work, i also tried smoking loads and that just makes it worse, i think my body must of just changed and im quite pissed off with it, all smoking weed it doing to me latley is just knocking my head off...
    ?
    Originally posted by My$ytery
    ?
    well that's a very interesting first post. very informative. i guess you've been rendered speechless by our wit and charm.
    or maybe your that out of it you only managed to lift one finger ...
    If your getting 'monged' from your weed its likely to be picked pate, which is what most comercial growers do because it adds wieght and it makes it stronger.

Look out for weed that has light coloured hairs on it and try to avoid stuff with hairs of a deep orange.

This way you should get weed with less CBD in it, which is the chemical which makes you 'monged'.
    Originally posted by bongbudda

Look out for weed that has light coloured hairs on it and try to avoid stuff with hairs of a deep orange.

i've had stuff which had orange bits in it, the dealer called it orange bud, it was very strong
    Yeah, but was it very good, or was it very strong? they arent always the same, in fact I find the weed I've smoked which has been the strongest hasnt always been very nice.
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    Yeah, but was it very good, or was it very strong? they arent always the same, in fact I find the weed I've smoked which has been the strongest hasnt always been very nice.
    i agree. i had some mexican weed a couple of months ago ...little present ...it was very strong but very unpleasant ...made me realy gittery. i have a little bit somewhere of some other mexican ...probably enough for three or four spliffs ...again very strong but extremely nice. can i find it ...