Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

height/weight

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
does anybody know where i can find one of those height/weight tables? or does anybody know off hand the average set of weights for a 5'10 female? mucho gracias

or maybe not a height weight chart, but something to give a general guess if your overweight or not.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Try typing in BMI calculator to Google - that gives you a good indication, it calculates your body mass index. If it's under 19, you're underweight, 20-25, you're around the right weight, over 25 you're overweight and over 30, you're obese.

Having said that, it doesn't take into account for really muscly people - muscle weights more than fat, and can push your BMI up loads, my b/f's BMI was 27 or something and it was because he was built like a brick shithouse - ALL muscle.
    Originally posted by Sa-ra-ra-ra

Having said that, it doesn't take into account for really muscly people - muscle weights more than fat, and can push your BMI up loads, my b/f's BMI was 27 or something and it was because he was built like a brick shithouse - ALL muscle.

thats the problem with these things, i dont bother with them and if i do there a rough indicator, i take more into account how i look, wether i look slim/fat whatever
    I was shocked to hear that Liv Tyler who is 5' 10" was asked to maintain her weight at 9st for the Lord of the rings films!!!

For that height, she would be underweigh...she says she's put two stone on now which seems about right!
    Originally posted by byny
    I was shocked to hear that Liv Tyler who is 5' 10" was asked to maintain her weight at 9st for the Lord of the rings films!!!

For that height, she would be underweigh...she says she's put two stone on now which seems about right!
    its a little bit underweight, that would put her at a BMI of 18.1. Anything under 18.5 is classed as underweight. its hardly surprising they would want her slim for a film. Its not as if she has to say yes.
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    its a little bit underweight, that would put her at a BMI of 18.1. Anything under 18.5 is classed as underweight. its hardly surprising they would want her slim for a film. Its not as if she has to say yes.

Christ!! well I'm nine and a half stone and only 5' 6" so I must be overweight or something!!
    Originally posted by byny
    Christ!! well I'm nine and a half stone and only 5' 6" so I must be overweight or something!!
    no, that puts you at a BMI of 21.5 which is slap bang in the middle of the normal range.
    im using this body mass indicator.
    just out of curiousity, how many pounds are in a stone?
    Originally posted by my_name
    just out of curiousity, how many pounds are in a stone?

14 :)
    im 5 ft 10 and i weigh 10stone. x
    im 15 and 5,1 (yes im short) what would you say is the average weight for that?
    Im 5'2/3ish and weigh just over 8 1/2 stone but I cant be bothered to find out the exact measurements an type it all in so I'll sit and wonder heh:p
    Originally posted by girlinthecurl
    if there are 14 lbs in a stone..then i am about... 9 1/2 stone.. i think? and im 6'1ish.. is that average?
    no, thats underweight. you must be really skinny.
    My BMI is 16.7 :eek2: I'm 5ft 8 and 110lbs (just under 8 stone).

And, re: my other post about my weight - no, I haven't put any weight on at all over Xmas!
    according to all these things im quite severly underweight, but im like a size 8/10 and have a normal amount of fat etc

i dont trust them in all honesty
    Originally posted by paperBprincess
    according to all these things im quite severly underweight, but im like a size 8/10 and have a normal amount of fat etc

i dont trust them in all honesty

Apparantly I vary from very overweight to obese. Now might not be the slimmest girl going, but that's bull. :|

So I don't trust them either. *nod*
    the bmi never lies :p

and fyi it said im normal weight at 22.3
    Originally posted by Char_Baby
    the bmi never lies :p

and fyi it said im normal weight at 22.3
    naaa its bollox :p
    Originally posted by lipsy
    naaa its bollox :p

your right a lot of my weights in muscle in my legs coz of dancing and horse riding :p
    Originally posted by Char_Baby
    your right a lot of my weights in muscle in my legs coz of dancing and horse riding :p
    oh good. panic over..
    oooh BMI chart just made my day :D woo