Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

working!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I dunno where to put this so i'll stick it in here for just now (sorry)
So anyways

I need some advice please, Im contracted to work for 20 hrs a week but since i started ive basically been doing ful time hours, to cut a long story short ok my boss is doing my head in, i constantly feel picked on, and so ive decided that i cant take anymore of the shit at my work and want to work just my contracted hours, The problem is i have a feeling that they wont be happy and will think im being a pain in the arse to them. Second problem is my mum, everytime i mention this to her, that im going to work just the 20 hrs a week she turns it round and says well thanks very much what about me! Now i understand that she has her own commitments but i cant take anymore of my job, and it'd have been great if just for once she would show me her support rather than fault me for doing something, Ive told her i wont be able to afford to give her what i currently do if im only earning £80 a week. Yet its all my fault and once we sit down to talk about this we are going to argeu massively, i dunno what to do... Any advice please id be most greatful..

Comments

• Options
    I'd say the important thing is to try and improve your relationship with your boss since, from your post, that seems to be the one big problem here. I know that bosses are fearsom creatures and that might seem impossible but they need people like you to enjoy your job and get your work done. If the boss in question is just a supervisor or something and doesn't care I would suggest you go over their head in a confidential environment.

I assume you work in retail or something similar? I hear about this all the time, stand up for yourself and don't let people push you around. Your personal attitude goes a long way in determining how people will treat you.
  • Options
    Spend all your spare time looking for a full-time job you will like.

In the meantime, work hard and keep your head down. If your boss sees you as a conscientious worker, he might cut you some slack.
  • Options
    Your working 20 hours a week for £80 are you fukin INSANE! get a new job dude, work as a waiter at least ya get "tax free" tips. dude get a new job!

Bopz

Sorry if that was harsh....
  • Options
    Works fine for the time being..time will tell.....