Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Non Drug Users

13»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    all fucking dirty beggers who empty the 24 hour garage of all the good chocolate in their fucking 'munchies'

dear stupid people, this is a joke
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    thats why people take them. drugs don't make you feel pathetic and stupid ...they make you very special ...for a short while. to keep attaining that special though ...is impossible as your burning out.

that helped clear alot of my queries up.it makes more sense now knowing why people take drugs as opposed to what the schools tell us ("their immoral people, delinquents etc") in part i understand the schools/church's prospective on drugs, as by warning us against them by giving us the worst scenarios it has persuaded a lot of us never to use drugs. I just wish we weren't taught about drugs from one point of view though. Thanks Mr. Roll :)
  • White NoiseWhite Noise Posts: 624 Incredible Poster
    Mr Roll, in my short time of using these boards, i don't think i've heard anyone talk more sense than you in your last few posts.

hazzah for mr roll!

i think drugs open doorways to most excellent experiences. yes, the worst case scenarios are fatal in some cases but so can crossing the road. i say, as long as your careful, responsible and reasonably knowledgeable about what goes on, its a perfectly fine leisure activity :D
    Originally posted by White Noise
    Mr Roll, in my short time of using these boards, i don't think i've heard anyone talk more sense than you in your last few posts.

hazzah for mr roll!

and in my long time of using these boards i don't think i've ever heard anyone say THAT before!
    don't worry ...abnormal service will be resumed as soon as possible.
    Originally posted by hybrid
    question for drug users (soft or whatever) why do you take drugs? if its so you can have a good time (like you only take them at parties etc) then how comes you take drugs instead of drinking a lot of alcohol or whatever? simply curious :)

Why do i take drugs?

Simply for fun :D
    Originally posted by Shogun
    Why do i take drugs?

Simply for fun :D

do you ever worry about what it does to your body? or do you ever get worried just before doing drugs that it might be a dodgy pill or whatever and kill you?
    do you ever worry about what it does to your body? or do you ever get worried just before doing drugs that it might be a dodgy pill or whatever and kill you?

Well i don't know what it's doing to my body, i don't use heavy drugs on a regular basis, i don't usually smoke everyday but have been over the holidays now.

Dodgy pill...i've tried pills 3 times now, got them off different people each time, reliable people that i know, so no i don't think people i know are going to be going around selling dodgy pills to people that the dealer knows.

Of course, there's been dodgy pills about before, but luckily i've never came across any.
    Well i don't know what it's doing to my body, i don't use heavy drugs on a regular basis, i don't usually smoke everyday but have been over the holidays now.

Dodgy pill...i've tried pills 3 times now, got them off different people each time, reliable people that i know, so no i don't think people i know are going to be going around selling dodgy pills to people that the dealer knows.

Of course, there's been dodgy pills about before, but luckily i've never came across any.

okies :) do you think that at some point when you're 30,40,50 (i dont know how old you are :p ) you'll stop because you're old or because its not fun? does that make sense?
    okies :) do you think that at some point when you're 30,40,50 (i dont know how old you are :p ) you'll stop because you're old or because its not fun? does that make sense?

I'm 17.

I really don't know how my briain is going to be in later life, no recreational drug user does.

Smoking as i see it..well i could still be smoking it when i'm still 90.
    I'm 17.

I really don't know how my briain is going to be in later life, no recreational drug user does.

Smoking as i see it..well i could still be smoking it when i'm still 90.

i knew you were 17 all along :p reading this thread has really opened my eyes up to why people take drugs, its very insightful :)
    very very few drug users suffer any physical or mental problems ...even after years of use. there are of course victims who do.
    fact. the biggest health problem facing todays youth is junk food and fags. the junk food is reckoned to make your generation live ten years less than mine ...now that is alarming!

fact. the safety of pills and powders cannot be gauranteed because they are manufactured illegaly. your dealer may well be very experienced and even a very nice and very honest person. might even be your best mate or a family member but ...if he buys a kilo of powder or a few hundred pills he can't test every single bit of the stuff. he may well be selling the stuff in good faith but he has no idea if the third or the fiftieth pill is dodgy and all those after it.
    the best anti-drug advert on tv at the moment is the osbournes.
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    the best anti-drug advert on tv at the moment is the osbournes.
    but why? his biggest two problems are alcohol and ...the shakes and bumbling behaviour turn out to be massively over prescibed medication for a problem he never had!
    now thats been sorted he no longer shakes or bumbles. they were prescribing the wrong drug and in massive doses.
    at the end of the day ...wether you like his stuff or not ...he has been sucsessfully creative all his life and continues to be ...he writes performs entertains and earns a fortune ...his biggest problems of recent years ...besides alcohol ...are the wrong prescribing of perfectly legal medications. so ...
    alcohol is still a drug, mr. roll.

i love ozzy. i'm not into his music, but he obviously thinks the world of his family and hasn't let his fame spoil him as a person.

but you have to admit it's wrecked his health.

i love ozzy. i'm not into his music, but he obviously thinks the world of his family and hasn't let his fame spoil him as a person.

but you have to admit it's wrecked his health.
    i agree kaff but whats wrecked his life is the legal stuff.
    if you look at people like paul mcartney ...smoked dope for forty years and a few other things along the way ...he's doing fine. he's actualy a big character behind the scenes for the legalization of weed.
    kieth richards of the stones ...every time you see the guy he's seriously stoned ...usualy, on his own confession on class A's ...still writting, performing, touring ...working with other bands as well as the stones ...forty years of drug use ...he realy is a fucking muppet when you watch him ...but is the guy physicaly and mentaly wrecked and incapable ...far from it. there are thousands in the entertainment industry like him ...40years of use and abuse and still going strong.
    the writer ...will self ...very succesful ...britains most famous heroin addict.
    i have to go to bed ...so i'm ignoring you if you reply to this ...good night and god bless.not
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    i agree kaff but whats wrecked his life is the legal stuff.
    if you look at people like paul mcartney ...smoked dope for forty years and a few other things along the way ...he's doing fine. he's actualy a big character behind the scenes for the legalization of weed.
    kieth richards of the stones ...every time you see the guy he's seriously stoned ...usualy, on his own confession on class A's ...still writting, performing, touring ...working with other bands as well as the stones ...forty years of drug use ...he realy is a fucking muppet when you watch him ...but is the guy physicaly and mentaly wrecked and incapable ...far from it. there are thousands in the entertainment industry like him ...40years of use and abuse and still going strong.
    the writer ...will self ...very succesful ...britains most famous heroin addict.
    i have to go to bed ...so i'm ignoring you if you reply to this ...good night and god bless.not
    can't seem to edit it propperly ...NOT ...ignoring you it should say.

However it is not seen as a taboo like illegal drugs.

In general, within the society it is seen as acceptable to drink alcohol occasionally but it is frowned upon to be a recreational drug user. As a whole, there's a very big difference between the two (this said, legal or illegal, they all obviously have detrimental effects on the body).