Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

what can i do?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I seriously think I'm going mad. Last week I broke up with my bf of 9 months because I was really angry over some stupid argument. I've sent him an email, a txt and a letter (i wasn't stalking, i had to go to his house to give him something anyway but he wasn't there) but he won't respond. He knows I think that I've made a mistake and he says he still cares for me then why is he being so cold? I want him back so much and I'm killing myself inside because I know breaking up with him was a mistake. We said we'd be friends but he's just completely blocked me out. WTF is going on? Oh and to top it off, the past three nights I've had really nice dreams about him which just makes the pain of not being with him even more hurtful.

Comments

• Options
    Give him breathing space, just give him time to sort his head out. He is probably feeling hurt so obviously thats why he is being cold towards you.
    Id say leave it a few days and then give him a call. But dont keep hassleing him, that might make him get more pissed off with you.
  • Options
    im trying not to hassle (there was a few days between the email, text and letter) but its just so hurtful to not know whats going on :confused:
  • Options
    Originally posted by hybrid
    im trying not to hassle (there was a few days between the email, text and letter) but its just so hurtful to not know whats going on :confused:

Yeah you have contacted him and it seems like he dont really want to talk about it at the moment, so if you give it a few days and try again just maybe he will reply or at least tell you where you stand.
    You said it was a stupid argument but if he thought it was that stupid them im sure he would have contacted you by now. Gawd the stupid arguments Ive had in my time and the next day they are forgotten, so it sound to me as though this stupid argument is not so stupid to him.
  • Options
    most of ours are forgotten the next day, but this one happened and i broke up with him like that same day. i was just so angry from all the stuff thats been happening. :(
  • Options
    ok so he's emailed me explaining that he wasn't ignoring me he's just been busy etc, so now what? i really want him back and he knows that but i don't want to look/act like a fool about it and he's not giving me any signs that he does/doesn't want to get back together. :confused:
  • Options
    Ask him outright ?
    Dont beat about the bush just ask him where you do stand, then its leaving the ball in his court.

thats what I reccomend anyway :)
  • Options
    :yes: i agree with beckyboo on this. Goodluck xx
  • Options
    thanks both of you :) but i'm starting to think that he knows i still love him and want to get back together, i can't keep making a fool outta myself by txting him or emailing him to tell him. should i just leave it, be friends with him and see what happens? it will hurt a lot but i've gotten maintain some self respect