Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

i love you but i'm not in love with you...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ever actually felt this way? Ever had somebody tell you this? Although the feeling is true, it seems a bit harsh, is there a nicer way to put it?

Comments

• Options
    A very good female friend of mine, and myself are like this. I love her to bits, and although the thought has crossed my mind, it will never go further than friendship. We have had a few drunken snogs, but thats about it.
  • Options
    I've been told this and I've said it aswell. Better to just be honest about it than try and sugarcoat it :yes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Faith
    Better to just be honest about it than try and sugarcoat it :yes:

i totally agree, if you don't they might take it differently to what you mean. best to tell them straight up i think. :thumb:
  • Options
    SORRY!! that last post was from me, lil_miss_socks used our mums computer last and obviously forgot to log out...sorry again

Lizzy xXx
  • Options
    that was me and ang, me and ben down to a tee. damn maybe its a problem with me.....
    i guess i began to 'love' them too much and they became like family cos i knew them so well and i just wasnt all tingly about them.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Faith
    I've been told this and I've said it aswell. Better to just be honest about it than try and sugarcoat it :yes:

Yes. Absolutely. It might hurt both of you for it to come out, but it'll be better in the long run.
  • Options
    Originally posted by xXx~Lizzy~xXx
    SORRY!! that last post was from me, lil_miss_socks used our mums computer last and obviously forgot to log out...sorry again

Lizzy xXx

Why were you on mum's computer anyway? Blegh!

Anyway, I agree with Faith about not sugarcoating it :yes:
  • Options
    Ive felt that way soooooo many times, i also had my first love say that to me at the end of our relationship, it did cut me up but i thought it wasnt too harsh a way to put it. I respected him for it.
  • Options
    theres loooooooooooads of people i love but am not in love with, it can be your family, mates etc....