Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

want to drop out

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
i hate uni and i want to drop out.

it's too far away, i hate the people, it's too competitive, i miss my friends. i'm into my second year now and i still hate it. every day i wish i was back home.

:(

any advice? i really don't know what to do...
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    tuff it out, you should have decided a year ago, you dont want to quit and waist years of your life

think about what your actually doing, not the people, do you like the subject? is it something you feel you could and want to do as a career?

if the answer is no to the above, then i suggest you drop out now, before you wasit anymore time, if the answer is yes, then stick to it, perhaps request you be moved to a different university to finish your course?
    i like the subject and would like to do it as a career, yes.

i have thought about getting a transfer to a university closer to home, but i'm not sure how easy it is.

at the moment i'm at a good university and the other university i would go to is mediocre.

i am also on a scholarship of £6000. if i left i would lose that money and have to pay at the other university.

it's so harsh.
    If you've only really got another year and a half to go, like the course and have that scholarship thingy, then I think I personally would stay and stick it out. It might be hard but it might even work the other way and make you work really hard and get the best degree you can. And if theyve given you a scholarship i'm guessing thats gonna be a pretty good one!

But then again, im not in your situation and dont know all the ins and outs. But thats what I would do i think.
    How far are you away from home? Whats so good about being at home?
    Did all your friends stay at home and get jobs?
    Surley you can visit back home every know and again or get friends to visit you.

Bopz