Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

telling the truth

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i want to tell my mates the truth about why i move around alot and have all these meetings it looks like i'll be going away for a lil while in a few weeks and i want to make sure things are straight. i hate having to lie to them as they've been there when shit has hit the fan but i want to tell them they know that i might be gettin sent down. and they said they'll go to court wid me, but its gonna look strange when its just me and my mates and there gonna ask questions can any 1 help me please?

Comments

• Options
    Not to look at the negative side, but if you do go down you'll wish you'd have told them when you had the chance. If you think they'll be affected alot by it, it will make the experience easier for them to cope with and they are your friends right? So they deserve to know whats going on.

I would of thought that your friends would look like any members of the public and it would have no effect on the decision so I see no harm in them going. Hope that helps.

Tom.
  • Options
    thanks see we get on the subject about familles alot and things that we've seen and that but i lie through my teeth cos i dont want to feel left out. becuase last time when i told my "best mate" he told every 1 and you get labled and i dont want that all again and people coming up to me asking if it is true
  • Options
    Originally posted by K.N.S
    thanks see we get on the subject about familles alot and things that we've seen and that but i lie through my teeth cos i dont want to feel left out. becuase last time when i told my "best mate" he told every 1 and you get labled and i dont want that all again and people coming up to me asking if it is true

Bet you're expecting the 'They're your friends, they should accept you for who you are' talk, but we both know there is an element of bullshit in that. True, its good to have mates who accept you for who you are but its also good to look cool and kick alot of ass. Same thing happened to me with the best mate thing, and I lost all of my mates through it and had to start fresh. Lucky I was young (15 If I recall) and it wasn't hard to start over but still, lucky escape.
  • Options
    yeah see im 15 nearly 16 and where i am now is the longest i've stayed thats why i really want to keep my friends and then if i do get sent down at least my mates will write to me
  • Options
    Well at your age mates seriously over-rate these things because most of them aren't mature enough to deal with it and those who are can't be arsed to be mature. Just out of interest what are you meant to be getting sent down for? If you dont want to say just dont... But I'd be careful what and what not to say because at the age of 15 you dont find many people who value friendship (not trying to give you nightmares or anything btw). I'd just try not to worry about it, see what happens on the day but keep them in the picture.
  • Options
    it looks like i'm goin for at least six months for drugs and asualte on a gaffer. my mates are mature most are older than me. or the same age i wouldnt say they are immature at all. what did you have to tell your mates if you dont mind me asking?
  • Options
    Its nothing now, but at the time it was hyped up like it was something major. I was meant to have done something with this girl one of my mates was going with... I didn't tell anyone, it was the girl who told my best mate who told everyone. Nevermind though eh.