Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I need some friends

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I dont have any friends anymore, my best friend dumped me cos her husband doesnt like me, even though he has never met me or made the effort to meet me. Apparently i am a child now, guess she feels all grown up being married at 20.

My other friends went off to uni and forgot about me even though i called them and text them.

Called one friend and was told she didnt really consider me a friend, even though i used to chat to her all the time and meet up with her etc.

I need some friends but duno how, i want a group of friends not just single friends a group, who can invite me out to places as a group and i can do the same and hang with them. I feel so alone right now.

Comments

• Options
    I dont really have anything helpful to say but thats so sad :(
  • Options
    do something, find an activity, you cant help making friends when your round new people unless your like kiezo :/

go to college, uni, take up a hobby, a sport. go clubbing, chat to random people, it works :)
  • Options
    Re: I need some friends
    Originally posted by Lynx
    I dont have any friends anymore, my best friend dumped me cos her husband doesnt like me, even though he has never met me or made the effort to meet me. Apparently i am a child now, guess she feels all grown up being married at 20.

My other friends went off to uni and forgot about me even though i called them and text them.

Called one friend and was told she didnt really consider me a friend, even though i used to chat to her all the time and meet up with her etc.

I need some friends but duno how, i want a group of friends not just single friends a group, who can invite me out to places as a group and i can do the same and hang with them. I feel so alone right now.

Well filling out your profile may help us to help you a bit more.

Where do you live?

What are your interests?

I assume you're female??

What do you do for a living?

Do you have friends at work?
  • Options
    Well filling out your profile may help us to help you a bit more.

Where do you live?
    Essex
    What are your interests?
    Computers, films, um duno what else
    I assume you're female??
    male
    What do you do for a living?
    made redundant before xmas
    Do you have friends at work?
    As above

I dont see how you can make friends at clubs, the music is so loud u can bearly hear urself talk, the blokes will think your chatting them up/werid, the girls will think your just chatting them up/werid.

Dont go college anymore, dont wana go uni. dont have money to join any clubs or know what clubs id like to join. :(
  • Options
    local trekkies club? and if they think your a weirdo then you gotta worry, im sure there are plenty of ways of meeting people, the gym, sports clubs, yoga, job centres (hint hint)
  • Options
    This tends to happen as you get older and people start settling down etc I rarely see a lot of my mates as they've either moved away, got married, moved in with their boyfs etc. I made a couple of friends in my last job, work is a good place to meet people, especially if you get a job in somewhere like a bar or pub. Other than that I guess you'd have to take up an activity or something.
  • Options
    If anyone wants to chat to me on msn, pm me and i'll give u my address to add me.
  • Options
    Faith is right about people changing when you get older, and not keeping in touch. I've noticed that. You, and they, just change over time.
    The only friends I have up here are work mates, and one of their friends, and that's it. So I'm a bit stuffed when it comes to having someone to chat to about problems, or even just the day to day stuff. I need more too.
    Clubs aren't the best place to meet people s they're normally with friends already, and the places are just too damned noisy to talk anyway. Same for most pubs too. As for joining clubs/societies with the same interests as you, I've never really found that there are any worth joining.
    Next time you get a job, make the most of the friends you make there. That's one of the things I'm dreading about getting a new job - loosing touch with the people I've come to know over the past few years.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Ive said before to other people here why not try some voluntary work ? you will kill two birds with one stone. Firstly you will get to meet people and secodnly your not going to be bored sackless not working. There are many organisations shouting out for people to volunteer, you might just make some good friends whilst doing it.
  • Options
    depends on the club really, some of them you can chat at the bar, but then again some of them like to kill you with noise
  • Options
    Re: I need some friends
    Originally posted by Lynx

I can be your friend, but can only be your online friend, since that we live in totally two different countries, but am willing to be your friend because I think that everyone deserves a friend, no matter what the symptom/s are.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aspartame
    Haha, I take it you know Rio's, then :p

OH MY FERCKING GOD

I LIVE IN THAT CLUB!!!!

ive also done a bit of handy work in the dj booth :p

omg, wow, like, hi :X

omfg..

rios...

OMFG!

<3