Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Central Saint Martins, London

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I've put this second choice on my UCAS application, behind the Edinburgh College Of Art.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me about it's surroundings and how nice a place it is? I imagine living in London will be hugely expensive?

Cheers in advance.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    St Martins is considered one of the best places in london to do art, i assume you're doing a foundation course? Yes, it will be expensive to live in london, but you get a london weighting for your loan. I don't know much about the surroundings, but i know that it probably doesn't matter - it's really easy to get around if you're living near there, so if you want to go out etc, you're spoiled for choice as the tube and busses make it so easy :)
  • Options
    Re: Central Saint Martins, London
    Originally posted by Neil
    I was wondering if anyone could tell me about it's surroundings and how nice a place it is?

As the name suggests it's right in the centre of London, so yeah it will be a bloody expensive place to live!

Well done if you get in though!! Just out of interest, what other Uni's did you apply to?
  • Options
    Re: Re: Central Saint Martins, London
    Originally posted by Faith
    As the name suggests it's right in the centre of London, so yeah it will be a bloody expensive place to live!

Well done if you get in though!! Just out of interest, what other Uni's did you apply to?

twat-features
  • Options
    You can live quite cheaply in London but only if you aim for theplaces outside the central tube zones. I lived just outside zone 3 for under £50 a week (Just outside Kilburn).

The problem then is that you will have to pay tube fares, though I discovered that sometimes its quicker to walk and certainly easy to bike it.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Central Saint Martins, London
    Originally posted by Drol Edyortnuh
    twat-features

Are you trying to rile people?
  • Options
    Cheers for the responses.

I've applied to the place, yeah, but it's listed as a second choice which I recently heard they strongly dislike. If I'm fortunate enough to be accepted into Edinburgh (fingers crossed!) then I'll study the foundation year there and perhaps progress to Saint Martins for the three year degree afterwards.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Central Saint Martins, London
    Originally posted by Drol Edyortnuh
    twat-features

Why thankyou for your comment :rolleyes: