Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

drug testing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am putting in an application for to be a bank teller and the application says this...

I acknowledge and agree that if an offer of employment is extended to me by TCF or any of its affiliates, it will be conditioned upon my passing a pre-employment drug test within 24 hours from the time of offer. I further acknowledge and agree that if hired, I will be subject to TCF's Substance Abuse Policy and Testing Program while employed in conformity with TCF policy. Failure to comply with the testing program will be grounds for not hiring or for immediate termination of the employment relationship with TCF.

So I've got a few questions with this. Is it likely that they will give a drug test for somebody who is applying for the simple job of bank teller? Do they take into consideration all drugs or do they just look down on hard drugs?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: drug testing
    Originally posted by my_name
    Is it likely that they will give a drug test for somebody who is applying for the simple job of bank teller?

yup. contact with the public + drugs = embarrassment for the company and the sack for you.

Do they take into consideration all drugs or do they just look down on hard drugs?

all the places i've worked who have drugs test have had an automatic dissmissal policy for anything illegal. and i'm pretty sure they can get the police involved if you've been taking illegal drugs while you're working.