Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Paramol

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
These tablets contain:

Paracetamol BP 500mg Dihydrocodeine Tartrate BP 7.46mg

What is the mg content needed to be taken of dihydrocodeine to feel an effect?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I really don't know much about codeine, so would not be able to tell you the exact mg dosage to feel an effect from the codeine form you've mentioned.

However, I do know way before you hit the mg dosage of the codeine you'll have taken far too much paracetamol to be safe for your body, this is why they mix codeine with paracetamol - to stop people using them to get sedated..

Unless you know how to extract the codeine from the paracetamol, it's really a very stupid idea.
    First of all do NOT ever try and take enough of these tablets to get 'high' without extracting the codine! You will cause yourself serious harm, probably vomit everywhere and give yourself serious kidney damage.

I can tell you how to do this RELATIVELY safely if you want, but I might not be allowed to post it. PM me.

However if your looking to it to be that enjoyable dont get over excited, you'll just sit about with a grin on your face with no worries at all feeling relaxed. Its better just to have a bifta really. Its not a very powerful experiance unless you do loads and then you end up getting this terrible itching.
    I sort of knew the paracetamol mg dosage was too high to be fucking with and i couldn't really be bothered with an extraction process.

Thanks anyway.
    erm you need to extract the codiene and use about 30 - 60 mg of codiene (btw i got all my info from kiezo). ok codiene extraction in a few simple steps:
    • disolve in boiling water
    • filter through filter paper
    • put watery bit in fridge
    • drink
    I wouldnt follow that process, you will get too much of the paracetamol.

Use warm, not boiling water and very little of it, maybe only about 50-60ml.

Then sit the solution in a bowl in the fridge for an hour, the sediment will sit at the bottom.

Drain off the top layer and filter through multipule coffee papers.

The solution should be clear and VERY bitter.

If you use warm water while you filter it then more of the paracetamol will be disolved in the water, always chill it first.
    i have dy-hydra codiene for my trapped nerve in neck. it only gives me grief now and again. this week it's grief time so i have been full of the stuff all week ...bit spaced out and sicky on it.
    i realy don't see how anyone can enjoy this stuff!
    I got pure codiene tablets for headaches? Are you saying I could get off my head on them? LOL cool.
    Originally posted by Joolyknockers
    I got pure codiene tablets for headaches? Are you saying I could get off my head on them? LOL cool.
    it's an opiate. it's as natural a part of the poppy as morphine.
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    i have dy-hydra codiene for my trapped nerve in neck. it only gives me grief now and again. this week it's grief time so i have been full of the stuff all week ...bit spaced out and sicky on it.
    i realy don't see how anyone can enjoy this stuff!

when any other drugs you want to take carry a huuuuuuuuuuge penalty where you live then you learn to appreciate shitty things like codiene

and yes thats what i get my tablets for...but i get them on prescription so like its hard to get the pure ones for anything but the headaches
    Please dont do this just to get "off your head" there really isnt too much to this as I said, and if you dont do the extraction carefully you will end up with too much paracetamol, and it is amoung one of the worst drugs ever to OD on.
    Don't worry, I got no intention of using them to get trashed on! I was just interested. I've got a prescription for 30mg Codeine Phosphate tablets, they don't seem to do much for the pain and leave me feeling pretty sick. I mentioned this thread to an ex, he then told me they used codeine to detox him off the crack with when he was in prison :eek2: . The things I have in my medicine cupboard.....honestly!
    im on codeine phosphate for a long term condition...and yes it is quite possible to fall out of your brain on this stuff. i do know a number of people it doesnt work for very well (leaves u feelin quite sick sumtimes), but for me if i take more than 60mg at a time when the pain is bad you get really spacey, and it gets quite hard to remember to breath....theres also the downside that too much codeine causes fluid to build up in your lungs, and knowing this fact when ur finding it hard to breath isnt much comfort....all in all this stuff is only good as a painkiller for us seriously ill folks, theres much better things to space your head out on .
    Too much codeine will also give you constipation!
    Originally posted by Roberta Carlos
    Too much codeine will also give you constipation!
    and before anyone laughs this one off ...opiate induced constipation can be very very miserable indeed.
    Originally poster by Morocan Roll
    opiate induced constipation can be very miserable indeed

Yeah, and painful.:crazyeyes