Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Revision notes

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Just a quick question: How often shud i review the revision notes whivh i have learnt.

Cheers.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I would do it every week. But I guess, you could try remembering them, then if you forget something, revise revise revise.
  • Options
    You've learnt you revision notes already, jeeze dude, you'r one heavy drinking/smoking session away from forgetin all that stuff and then having to start all over again!
    Do it every few days, and if you have a hardcore boxing day and new years eve you better prey you dont kill to many of those brain cells.

Bopz
  • Options
    Rather than revising by rote, what you need to be doing is testing yourself with quizzes and erxam questions, or getting others ot test you on the key facts.

IN many subjects the facts themselves are only half the equation though- you have to know how to use them. Start doing revision questions from past examination papers, and learn how to use the facts at your disposal.
  • Options
    I agree with all that's been said, and would like to add if it's practical for you - it's been proven that applying new information to old information is among the most effective methods of learning said new information.

For example, put all your revision notes onto post-it notes, and divide them up into distinct subjects - and place all the notes for one subject in say, the bathroom, and all notes for another in your bedroom, etc etc.

Then, when you're doing day-to-day tasks, you can quickly glance over a few notes and take it all in. If they're there long enough it should begin to sink in, then when the exam comes round, take a virtual tour round your house, and you should remember the majority if you put effort into it.

Good luck! :thumb: